original velour and carpeting, where to find?

batmobile

Reaction score
Hi,

i am actually part owner of a wonderful e9 csi, unfortunately the velour on the sides is peeling and the carpeting is not so good.
I tried everywhere, but it seems that original carpets and velour are not avaliable in nearlt all colours...
Somebody hasgood news for me?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Check out the carpet in Wally's restoration thread further down the page

tmason

Reaction score
Klaus

Has anyone ordered from Klaus the 2 color loop and if so how did it compare to the original?
Thanks

bela22

Reaction score
I ordered several sets in different colors.The 2 tone loop is the one to get,very close to the original,fits perfectly.Nice to deal with them.

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Velour

The exact color blue is impossible but I found an almost identical match in Germany it is about 70USD per square meter

The center fabric is long gone, found the last NOS piece in Europe

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
as to the blue vinyl fabric i found and used a nice replacement, exact match in colour and texture

161220074063.jpg

161220074064.jpg

161220074065.jpg

161220074073.jpg

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
The exact color blue is impossible but I found an almost identical match in Germany it is about 70USD per square meter

The center fabric is long gone, found the last NOS piece in Europe

Who is the source for the velour? Is it available in black?

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Who is the source for the velour? Is it available in black?

I don't know, but any decent fabric shop should have black velour....the shop in Koln gets the blue velour from England, the shop is Feine Stoffe Koln and the number is 49 (0) 221 277 4410, my interior guy from Turkey is trying to find an exact match, or can have the original copied if there are enough folks here in Europe that need the velour, which most do....almost all the European E9 coupes were sold with fabric interiors, they don't hold up like leather, but I am trying to keep my car as original as possible, 80,000 miles from new and the passenger and back seats appear to have never been used.

Gernstetter

Reaction score
I don't know, but any decent fabric shop should have black velour....the shop in Koln gets the blue velour from England, the shop is Feine Stoffe Koln and the number is 49 (0) 221 277 4410, my interior guy from Turkey is trying to find an exact match, or can have the original copied if there are enough folks here in Europe that need the velour, which most do....almost all the European E9 coupes were sold with fabric interiors, they don't hold up like leather, but I am trying to keep my car as original as possible, 80,000 miles from new and the passenger and back seats appear to have never been used.

As to carpet, the trick is to change your home setting to Germany on Ebay, I see original carpet sets come up every month or so, with deep steam cleaning and a couple of spare pieces I was able to get my carpet to look like new, your best bet for replacement is going to be a German square weave, but that will set you back about a grand....patience should get you a couple of used carpet sets then you can fix yours..... also the four door cars used the same carpet, try to buy used rear mats on Ebay, they are large and you can make repair pieces from them, I paid $40 for two NOS ones a couple of months ago on Ebay.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the velour. I don't think it's that easy to find true black. Most blacks I've seen look purplish in bright sunlight and the very short, relatively stiff nap of the original velour has been hard for me to find.

Like yours, my rear seats are in perfect condition after 40 years.

Are you saying you could have the pinstripe, center panel, fabric reproduced? I would be very interested in that.

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the velour. I don't think it's that easy to find true black. Most blacks I've seen look purplish in bright sunlight and the very short, relatively stiff nap of the original velour has been hard for me to find.

Like yours, my rear seats are in perfect condition after 40 years.

Are you saying you could have the pinstripe, center panel, fabric reproduced? I would be very interested in that.

Am looking into it, I will check the black velour next time I am near the fabric shop, will let you know what I find.....

peytonplace

Reaction score
I recently obtained some dark blue velour fabric from a company in Germany, Franz-Josef Dopper, to redo the seats on my 3.0 CSi. The color and texture are a very good match. Their website is www.doepper-oldtimerstoffe-gummiprofile.de. Their email address to request information and get a quote is [email protected]. The cost per meter of fabric was 69€. When I have the seats done this spring, I'll post some photos.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I recently obtained some dark blue velour fabric from a company in Germany, Franz-Josef Dopper, to redo the seats on my 3.0 CSi. The color and texture are a very good match. Their website is www.doepper-oldtimerstoffe-gummiprofile.de. Their email address to request information and get a quote is [email protected]. The cost per meter of fabric was 69€. When I have the seats done this spring, I'll post some photos.

That's a good find John. Do you recall which of the velours you ordered so I can look it up on the website and request a sample? Thanks.

Gernstetter

Reaction score
That's a good find John. Do you recall which of the velours you ordered so I can look it up on the website and request a sample? Thanks.

The item number would be great.....I can order multiple square meters if folks want it, my son is visiting next month from Chicago and can mail to you on his return, regards, Rob

peytonplace

Reaction score
Hi: The Dopper part number for the dark blue velour is P 91 11 322. I also discovered, with the generous help of a friend, that the NLA, impossible to find, dark blue corduroy fabric that is used for the center of the seats is now available from BMW in Germany. I tried to order it through my local BMW dealer and was told that it was not available in the US. Again, through the help of my friend who has contacts in Germany, he was able to arrange for a friend who lives in Munich to purchase enough of the corduroy fabric to redo all four of my seats. That fellow then shipped the fabric to me in the US. The BMW part number for the corduroy is 51 92 1 817 333. Hope this helps.

John

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Hi: The Dopper part number for the dark blue velour is P 91 11 322. I also discovered, with the generous help of a friend, that the NLA, impossible to find, dark blue corduroy fabric that is used for the center of the seats is now available from BMW in Germany. I tried to order it through my local BMW dealer and was told that it was not available in the US. Again, through the help of my friend who has contacts in Germany, he was able to arrange for a friend who lives in Munich to purchase enough of the corduroy fabric to redo all four of my seats. That fellow then shipped the fabric to me in the US. The BMW part number for the corduroy is 51 92 1 817 333. Hope this helps.

John

That is great news....thanks....will see how much it is and post cost, regards, Rob

Gernstetter

Reaction score
That is great news....thanks....will see how much it is and post cost, regards, Rob

i am going to order the blue velour tomorrow and the center piece from BMW, will compare to my NOS center fabric....the velour is very difficult to match as sunlight fades the remaining fabric on well maintained seats....the only way to get a perfect match is to take a small piece from a rear seat behind the seat where the velour has not seen the light of day......that said, there is no perfect match from what I have found in months of searching. perhaps leaving the new velour in the sun for a couple of weeks should help? It is a frustrating task when we try to maintain these cars as original....no help from a well known California supplier that told me that the velour interiors are inferior....