show your...dashboard

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
1971 3,0 CS
last version, with a preowned raid steering wheel and specific hub also preowned, circa 1975
find the raid perfect combination for a scheel driving experience, but probably not a perfect match for the coupe (that looks better in a Petri style)

on purpose made central console with motometer gauges and koln blaupunkt radio
car has AC, non standard, but a frigette unit

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beatiful steering Wheel (and interior) DeQ. Keep me in mind of you decide that you don't like it anymore (that's a joke!)! What size is it? 36 or 38?
With your crafmanship, no wonder everything is so neat and tidy!
Keshav

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Beatiful steering Wheel (and interior) DeQ. Keep me in mind of you decide that you don't like it anymore (that's a joke!)! What size is it? 36 or 38?
With your crafmanship, no wonder everything is so neat and tidy!
Keshav

vielen danke Keshav, i guess it is a 37 if this is ever possible

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
dC6yGP4Pt8a7Rxrms0_iq7o58Oq6W9Fl_9DQ_H7L4Ipg3rze_vLQjJS4dSe9VgHySu4ITVh6cQ8=w846-h631-no

NF4mn4QvLrD7rW-lnUB7spEIVIJUSn7F05QWMJALXnGspKxELAmPxBLLYD9k91DYwlrMeZglbEw=w947-h631-no

Op9182Y9fBHRzpsBqeqnoPKmSiSPfK-h1eoudF-v_y-SWJckKlhPwMyoDby4P77tYD9f4jXT3uM=w946-h631-no

GgZsok8LkKhnOjG0x--Bjt3GLXlpJj3N86j2FYnqNyebNbvdhShXlI5xiR3Pg5l_5SJxahpmYts=w933-h631-no

38cm Petri wheel
Euro speedo
Ebony Macassar veneer
Blaupunkt radio
German heater panel

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hard to compete with OCCoupe and DeQ but here goes...
I re-veneered the dash wood with Carpathian Elm burl as an homage to Paul Can's coupe and refinished the steering wheel with input from many on this board.

Last edited:

rodspock

Reaction score
Unusual colour combination - marine blue velour on inka orange.

Also note the RHD wooden front rail on the dash.

Rod

Attachments

• BMW CS-6507 copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 241

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Benji, she's a beauty! Is your coupe registered as a 69? The US 2800CS coupes began as 1970 model year vehicles, just wondering.

Chris

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My VIN is 2270003 which I believe makes it one of the first US spec cars. I have the original paperwork from when the car was imported. I believe it was through a dealer in Vienna but I may be mistaken. Unfortunately beneath the beauty lay the Beast.

Car had stage 4 cancer but the folks at Priola have done a great job and Don will soon have her back together.
209cdfbc938903b88d9253db392387d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The first 2800CS coupes in the US/NA market were built in September. Another example of the non-consecutive build sequence and VIN allocation as yours is number three but built two months later. All of these coupes have an EPA/DOT sticker confirming them as 1970 models here. In Europe the 2800CS debuted around May if I remember correctly so they are 1969s. Can't wait to see yours when it's done.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My dash can compete in the "tramp" class :) I just got the pistons for the M90 engine so when I perform the transplant I will address the dash and put some lipstick on my little pig. I'm thinking about turning my (soon to be) old engine into a 650 lb coffee table, it will be fully dressed with carbs and all, I have enough parts to make it completely stock, Zeniths, hoses, fuel pump etc. I could give it to my wife as a divorce present!

73E9er

Reaction score
Over the past 20 years I have morph'd my coupe's interior considerably from the stock (Euro delivery) monochromatic dark blue vinyl/velour combo. I transformed the interior into a three-tone one (lighter blue, tan, and "ostrich hide" (vinyl)). Other "dash area" additions/changes include:

- Courtesy lights (red/white) on door cards
- MotoLita wood steering wheel and hub
- Nardi shifter knob
- Custom hand brake handle (with gator made by my wife)
- Console/arm rest, via a mid-90's Mazda 626
- VDO gauge set in dash
- Blaupunkt AM/FM/CD head unit
- Fold-down cup holders (!) on door pockets
- A/C controls ahead of shifter platform
- Driving/fog light switches ahead of rear window switches

Attachments

• Pics4VCon_002.JPG
    Pics4VCon_002.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 351

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Over the past 20 years I have morph'd my coupe's interior considerably from the stock (Euro delivery) monochromatic dark blue vinyl/velour combo. I transformed the interior into a three-tone one (lighter blue, tan, and "ostrich hide" (vinyl)). Other "dash area" additions/changes include:

- Courtesy lights (red/white) on door cards
- MotoLita wood steering wheel and hub
- Nardi shifter knob
- Custom hand brake handle (with gator made by my wife)
- Console/arm rest, via a mid-90's Mazda 626
- VDO gauge set in dash
- Blaupunkt AM/FM/CD head unit
- Fold-down cup holders (!) on door pockets
- A/C controls ahead of shifter platform
- Driving/fog light switches ahead of rear window switches

must confess i am surprised ...and pleased that you post your special interior, this will give ideas to others, well done !