BMW CCA OKTOBERFEST Oct 31 - Nov 4th 2017

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
New Orleans!!!!! Calling Steve Hose....Calling Steve Hose. No literally I'm calling Steve Hose. Just kidding Steve sorry I opened the new Roundel and just saw this and thought of you. Did you have a hand in this? Man I've been wanting to go there for a while. Then this comes up. I'm sure you're thrilled.

UPDATE: Thank you Steve for notifying me. Please see updated dates. An Oktoberfest in October....who would have thunk it? Much better!

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hah no, I found out recently too. Why they are having Oktoberfest in July here is beyond me but ok...

If they actually had it in Oktober it would be delightful weather-wise.

As I stated in another post, I would like to offer accomodations to the furthest driving attendee(s) but I haven't thought how to do this yet. If you're thinking of driving your car (not your new M5 but your vintage ride) PM me. You'll get garage space (security provided by the guard cat), booze, jail bail out & morning pick up, my lawyer's tel number, tuning/maintenance if needed, creole and cajun food in house, and local dining/nightlife tips.

Regardless, I'd like to have a party here for e9 and e3 board members during the festivities if that is of interest. If you're flying in solo I can also make room for you, just maybe not the guest "suite" if occupied. We are empty nesters so other rooms available. My wife has informed me that she will be away teaching that week so perhaps Peter C and SFDon should be the party organizers :cool:

Let me know if you're thinking of attending. Hope to see all forum members in the city that care forgot!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve that is very generous of you. Sounds like it's going to be a fun time. Yeah, that was the biggest thing when I told my wife the date. JULY for OCTOBERFEST in New Orleans???? She's been there, I haven't and she knows I don't like muggy unless I'm waist deep in a pool or ocean with a cocktail in one hand....and sometimes one in the other. Sounds like a good time to me though regardless. I'll have to check out the lineup for the week, see what they have going on. Enjoy!

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Why they are having Oktoberfest in July here is beyond me but ok...

Hottest place I have ever been in the summer.

dbower

Reaction score
Honeymooned there 42 years ago in July. It was so hot we never left the room. Almost as hot outside. Badabing.

Steve, we're planning to do Ofest and would love an E9 confab.

Don

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Who schedules this stuff? Do they know they are across from the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix? Monterrey Car Week was spectacular, but because of its smaller size and scale the PVGP is my favorite car event. I introduced it to a couple of the e9 guys last year and we have plans to go back with our wives already.

This sucks.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dunno, the earliest they could think about not having rain at some point during the day would be mid Sept. Brutal heat is guaranteed. Also at least by Sep the evening temps actually go down a little from the day so evening cruising is actually quite nice. The Oktoberfest in July especially here is hard for me to get my head around.

Who schedules this stuff? Do they know they are across from the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix? Monterrey Car Week was spectacular, but because of its smaller size and scale the PVGP is my favorite car event. I introduced it to a couple of the e9 guys last year and we have plans to go back with our wives already.

This sucks.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wait a minute. This is worse than I thought. MARZENS ARE NOT READY BY MID JULY!!!

One would think a bunch of German car people calling their gathering Octoberfest might have some inkling of German traditions. Don't they know that the traditional Octoberfest is a BEER FESTIVAL. And the beer served at the beer festival is a special type of lager called a Marzen. And Marzens are brewed in the spring and fermented through the summer and aged into fall.

Are they going to have Lite beer at their sweltering hot festival? Now I am glad I can't make it.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Do any of you have the kind of pull to change it to October? Call me crazy by that sounds like a great time for New Orleans. I know Oktoberfest here is usually in September, even that would be better. But why not have an actual Oktoberfest in October? I don't get the upside to July? It's hot enough here in SoCal in July, I couldn't imagine there!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have no pull or know who is in charge, I am not even a member anymore (likely will renew). Hotels are cheaper in July for obvious reasons, but not much different than Sept I would guess. Mid October and on is great here, almost like NOCal weather. Today was 75 degrees. I don't know their reasoning, perhaps others here could contact the powers that be.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey Shane -- I'm just goofing around here. Given the lead times necessary to get venues and hotels and whatnot, I doubt this could be changed for 2017. (And my experience is when complaining about stuff in a volunteer organization, I often get assigned to change things. Hence, I plan to keep a low profile).

I would love to get to NOLA again, I love the food and the music. And the prospect of hanging around with Stevehose is pretty cool too. But alas, not this time around.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm sitting this one out, too many things going on in July. Focusing on 2018 in Pittsburgh during the Vintage Grand Prix week.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my coupe will be on its way out to see SFDon at that point (or hopefully already there). i hate to miss an o'fest that is close ... but mid July in NOLA is a very warm / humid experience that i would just as well not care to repeat ... i grew up in nearby and moved away for a reason. that being said, i love NOLA, great city to visit w/ neat places to see and wonderful food. coupes be careful of the afternoon squall that comes across the lake between 3 + 4, rains for a half hour ... then the sun comes out ... typical NOLA summer day ... instant sauna.

dbower

Reaction score
If it has any implications for your your decision to attend NOLA or not, Ofest 2018 will be in Pittsburgh in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix in mid-July, and 2019 will be in Greenville/Spartanburg in ... wait for it ... early October.

Don

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just got an email saying this has been changed to October 31-November 4th. Now we're talking, weather should be great. Wayne, here's your chance for more boudin!

Last edited:

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I had a feeling something was going to happen. My inside source told me this weekend they only had 300 sign up.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a feeling something was going to happen. My inside source told me this weekend they only had 300 sign up.

Here's the email:

Thank you for your registration for our 2017 O'Fest! Oktoberfest 2017 has now been rescheduled! How about New Orleans on Halloween?! Yes, O’Fest 2017 has moved to October 31 through November 4. Dates in the fall were previously unavailable, but due to an opening, the Hyatt has worked with us to shift our event. The bonus for participants is we are able to offer the current July room rates for our new peak season dates of October 31 through November 4.