Huntington Beach Concours

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Every year we hold a Clean Car Contest within the HB Concours held at the HB Library in Central Park. This year it is Sunday, June 4th, we average 35 or so BMWs with only the Corvettes having more cars out of 350 cars in total.

Mike Burger, Fred Larimer and myself are the organizers, we have tried this year to get the LA Chapter involved as they don't do any events like this. Please consider registering your BMW on the website as Display or Judged, all proceeds support the children's library.

www.hbconcours.org

biltoo

Reaction score
I'll have my RZ 350 there...Looking for another CS but haven't found it yet. Alfa's and BMW's looked covered but didn't see much for Porsche. Leaving it home in the garage this year

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Porsche guys abandoned ship a few years ago, just like they did in Monterey. We will have 30 BMWs if tradition holds.

biltoo

Reaction score
Too bad, there's a lot of them around.
I haven't been in several years myself and have no idea of what to expect.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great event today but only 25 cars. Great seeing you Bo and several others. Thanks to my judges Paul Cain, Fred Larimer, Gary Collins, Doug Park, Jerry Dotson, John Bergen, Andy Wong and Mike Pelly. We can't do this without our volunteers.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is always a great event and today was no exception. Thank you Chris, Fred and Paul for all this hard work. A few of the area coupes couldn't make it this time but it only means that it will be even better next year. (MAYBE even my car...) Here are a couple of vids of the BMW area.

Last edited:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I had every intention to. Signed up the week before and everything. Saturday I started feeling a little sick, stomach stuff then turned into slight fever that night. Got up early, tried to rally but decided it was better to get some rest because I didn't want to be sick for Targa this week. Good news is I think I made the right decision. Feeling better and got some much needed rest. Looking forward to the twisties in the Sierras. I know a few of you are going so looking forward to seeing you there.

flarimer

Reaction score
Every year we hold a Clean Car Contest within the HB Concours held at the HB Library in Central Park. This year it is Sunday, June 4th, we average 35 or so BMWs with only the Corvettes having more cars out of 350 cars in total.

Mike Burger, Fred Larimer and myself are the organizers, we have tried this year to get the LA Chapter involved as they don't do any events like this. Please consider registering your BMW on the website as Display or Judged, all proceeds support the children's library.

www.hbconcours.org

Huge thanks to HB Chris for organizing and orchestrating the event for us. The volunteer effort that goes in to making events like the HB Concours happen, largely go unseen. As both a participant and volunteer my hat is off to HB Chris for his efforts. He did a magnificent job and deserves many thanks.

- fL -

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One thing that I didn't like was the fact that the organizers wanted everyone to commit to staying until 4:00pm. I'm not talking about Chris or Mike or anyone from the board that organized the event. I know how much hard work you all put into all the events....believe me I know. But that's part of the reason I didn't go because I wasn't feeling great and wasn't sure if I did go, how long I would last. I'm guessing that rule came from the main event organizers. I understand that they want the cars there for everyone to see all day. But who has that kind of time? I have talked to a few people and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. And I'm sure I'm not the first to bring it up. I don't know of any other show where you can't leave when you want. Maybe I have attended some events in the past and it was in the fine print and I didn't know it. But I don't ever remember feeling trapped or needing to bribe someone to leave early and let me through the gate if I want to leave early.

It's a long day being that you are required to be there before 8:00am (which is understandable and common), but then to have to be there until 4:00pm, that is a long day in the sun. I can BS like the rest of us for hours about our cars, but it's nice to know you can take off when you want. I think there would be a much larger turn out if this rule was ix-nayed as I used to say when I was 12. Not sure why I just remembered that. Anyhow, just food for thought, don't want to detract from anything, just want to give some input to hopefully get more people to register and come next year. See what everyone else thinks about that and maybe present it to the board or whomever.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought that was pretty clear on the advertisement for it. I aslo thought that was a bit strict even for display only like I signed up for. Maybe I misread it. If that is not the case then great, never mind. See you tomorrow! :)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
TOM_1140.jpg
Where we park it's easier to escape, down on the main field it's impossible.

Last edited: