PVGP

bimmerlon

Reaction score
Hope to arrive Thursday at noon. The E9 is loaded and serviced. Should be another great weekend!
Lonny

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Outstanding. Tom Baruch (BMWSKI) and I are heading up Friday with our e9s (whether my back seat is finished or not). Richard -- if you want to connect with us, we are likely going to leave toward the end of rush hour -- say 9:30ish and take a leisurely drive through WV (we are both bringing our wives along, which tends to moderate both of our driving styles a little). Tom has planned the route, along with a stop for lunch. We are meeting up tonight to go over the details, and will give some thought to a place and time to meet you along the way in the event you can make it. (On the assumption that it makes no sense in you driving into the DC area.)

I really need to get up there earlier next year, but this year I need the time to do the work I had planned between the Vintage and Monterey.

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
sounds good. shortened our reservations to fri and sat night. at this point, i'm not sure whether i'll be going up in the coupe or in my new (to me - and classically patina'd) 2002 tii. Need to put a new alternator in it though. Also need to fix a sticky caliper on the coupe. Might come down to whichever one i get done first.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
sounds good. shortened our reservations to fri and sat night. at this point, i'm not sure whether i'll be going up in the coupe or in my new (to me - and classically patina'd) 2002 tii. Need to put a new alternator in it though. Also need to fix a sticky caliper on the coupe. Might come down to whichever one i get done first.

Bring the coupe, 2002s are the featured car next year for their 50th anniversary.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well, I have run out of time so it looks like I will be sporting a multicolored interior for the PVGP:

PVGP Interior 2.jpg

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Will likely be heading out in the am... around 7am to make an early stop at falling water on the way. No luck with the brake on the coupe. Got one of the two caliper bolts off but couldn't brake the 2nd. Breaker bar didn't work... might try to torch it next week. If that doesn't work, I'll have to bolt everything back together and take it up to the local shop to have them loosen it for me.

So... I'll either be up there in the 2002 or as a civilian.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
They were not the well oiled machine that is the Macha parking crew, but did an adequate job.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, I wonder how the Macha crew would have handled the BBQ truck that got stuck in the main entrance path.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hmmm. I see I am not the only one who took a picture of my car next to Andrew's in the hopes of getting into the calendar again. Rats.