E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like California has opossums too:

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.27.54 AM.png

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You're showing your CA roots :). You west coasters think you have the road market cornered (and its crazy good out there that's for sure) but there are lots of good roads in the East including Tennessee.

And is it Possum or Opossum?

I know you guys do, there is one state in particular that I would love to drive some back roads and that it North Carolina. I have heard a lot about those back roads, Blue Ridge Mountains and surrounding areas. And I'm of course joking about Tennessee but the ironic part is I was a gnat's hair away from getting stationed at Ft. Campbell Kentucky, which is fairly close to Memphis. To this day I wish I would have gotten orders for there. After Airborne all my close friends I went through basic and airborne with got stationed there. I ended up on the West Coast at Ft. Lewis in Tacoma, WA.

I love country music/blue grass/rock and roll and I think I really would have enjoyed it there. Not sure how much time I would have had to explore the area, but it is something that is on the bucket list now. Rock on! I was watching a show recently and was amazed at how many roads in Michigan are still dirt roads. All over the place. Break out the rally cars! Avoid the O-possum's if possible!

Side note: (I learn something new every day, guess I can go home now):

Opossum vs. possum

The term possum covers about 70 species of marsupials native to Australia and surrounding islands. Opossum covers over 100 species of marsupials living in the Western Hemisphere. Opossums are often referred to colloquially as possums (or ‘possums), but in scientific contexts, possum andopossum refer to different groups of animals

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The term possum covers about 70 species of marsupials native to Australia and surrounding islands. Opossum covers over 100 species of marsupials living in the Western Hemisphere. Opossums are often referred to colloquially as possums (or ‘possums), but in scientific contexts, possum andopossum refer to different groups of animals

For sale thread turns into a nature lesson, only on e9coupe.com!

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Correct, opossums are the ones we find living in most North American coupes. Our friends down under have other issues to deal with.

floridabmx

Reaction score
You're showing your CA roots :). You west coasters think you have the road market cornered (and its crazy good out there that's for sure) but there are lots of good roads in the East including Tennessee.

And is it Possum or Opossum?

Nothing like enjoying old florida taking A1A down to the loop or driving country roads through hastings and down through seville and pierson ... thank god we dont own cars just to show off the internet or cars and coffee or one of the 500 youtube channels so we can see every single car drive the same canyon in california. You want to see real outlaw shit come down to the south, we just dont put black wheels on our cars and call ourselves rebels.

17931950_146591289209029_3215769789792256000_n.jpg

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know you guys do, there is one state in particular that I would love to drive some back roads and that it North Carolina. I have heard a lot about those back roads, Blue Ridge Mountains and surrounding areas. And I'm of course joking about Tennessee but the ironic part is I was a gnat's hair away from getting stationed at Ft. Campbell Kentucky, which is fairly close to Memphis. To this day I wish I would have gotten orders for there. After Airborne all my close friends I went through basic and airborne with got stationed there. I ended up on the West Coast at Ft. Lewis in Tacoma, WA.

I love country music/blue grass/rock and roll and I think I really would have enjoyed it there. Not sure how much time I would have had to explore the area, but it is something that is on the bucket list now. Rock on! I was watching a show recently and was amazed at how many roads in Michigan are still dirt roads. All over the place. Break out the rally cars! Avoid the O-possum's if possible!

Side note: (I learn something new every day, guess I can go home now):

Opossum vs. possum

Interesting read Shane! This land has so much to explore ..... what makes it nicer is driving the E9 coupe, dependable enough of a car , so you can take it for a long haul with no worries !!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't know much about opposums. Hell, I didn't even know I was a Yankee until I moved to Virginia 29 years ago. And now I need to question whether my period correct 15" Weds make me a rebel? Damn this stuff is complicated.

PVGP Pretty Picture.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
ohmess - love 15" wheels on a coupe. the black weds look great on the white coupe + black side grilles.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A cautious opinion, not seeing the car and not wanting to sound too negative one thought that I have (left) is if the car is as decent as it sounds in the ad, then a maximum of 4-5K in detailing and tuning would practically double the price, new radiator hose, correct ignition wires (45 degree connectors), new tires, extensive pictures etc. Seems a little odd- that's all. I must say though that's one of the most perfectly aligned hoods I've seen in a while!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When you play with cars in the south there's only one thing worse than dealing with a yankee, and that's someone from california.

Yeah, I'm a Giants fan myself (Damn Yankees ;)) Florida is another story.......I flew over Florida and someone pointed out a mound in a swamp and said that's the largest "hill" in Florida, forget about a mountain. I think it was just a mound of CA tourists bones from the gators piling up in one place.

So those must be some hell-of-a flat tracks twistin up over there. I know the Keys are cool, but the drive was pretty much a straight shot. I'll take the multiple, as far as you can see, elevation changes & twisties, over a flat drive through the swamp any day...one wrong turn and probably I'd end up in the pile of bones I was talking about.

floridabmx

Reaction score
I don't know much about opposums. Hell, I didn't even know I was a Yankee until I moved to Virginia 29 years ago. And now I need to question whether my period correct 15" Weds make me a rebel? Damn this stuff is complicated.

View attachment 28804

Virginia? Where's that, DC? Just kidding :)

They'd look better silver in my honest opinion but still looks great!

floridabmx

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a Giants fan myself (Damn Yankees ;)) Florida is another story.......I flew over Florida and someone pointed out a mound in a swamp and said that's the largest "hill" in Florida, forget about a mountain. I think it was just a mound of CA tourists bones from the gators piling up in one place.

So those must be some hell-of-a flat tracks twistin up over there. I know the Keys are cool, but the drive was pretty much a straight shot. I'll take the multiple, as far as you can see, elevation changes & twisties, over a flat drive through the swamp any day...one wrong turn and probably I'd end up in the pile of bones I was talking about.

Oh ya. I forgot how many steep climbs there were at Sebring and Daytona. :(

Lol, All you forgot to that story was incorporating methamphetamine and time share scams in that one!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Speaking of TN roads - I've driven about a dozen 'road' race tracks over the 15 years I was active in that hobby. I've driven a lot of mountain roads in CO, AZ, ID, CA, etc, as well as here in Appalachia. On my way to the Asheville Vintage, I drove down through Knoxville, then up the 'Tail of the Dragon' from the TN side over the Smokies. I've NEVER enjoyed driving on a public highway as much as I did going up the side of the mountain on that TN road. Must have been 75 to 80 SHARP switchbacks in the ~7.5 miles. Can't say much for the NC side of that road, it was pretty dull by comparison!

So, I can confirm there is at least ONE FABULOUS road in TN for driving enthusiasts.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that road (tail of the dragon) is LEGENDARY. i drove it in the cayman S and had a blast. probably the best public road i have ever driven.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Reminds me of the first question of the "Southern Engineer's Exam"

1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will support a 10-pound possum.