Owners manual

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
NMNA

Hi Simon.

Do you have an owners manual that would be right for NEW?

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow that's nice.

Is this the same book that came with the UK CSL? I assume so but just want to double check as I might bid.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think CK also has high quality repos.
I defer to the 'experts' but think this is the same as what you got with a CSL but there was a loose leaf insert with some additional CSL specific information.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This just sold for £110.00. Sets a base mark for original manuals?

on German EBay most of these start at 180 and go upto 400€! Not saying folks buy them for that price though.......

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
This just sold for £110.00. Sets a base mark for original manuals?

I was bidding on it from £60 to £109, but I just kept getting outbid by same bidder with a higher autobid so I gave up. Kicking myself a bit now though tbh.

For me with our poor exchange rate, postage and 10% Aus Import tax it would have been about AU$300 - quite pricy for a 112 page booklet.

As a comparison I picked up this one on Ebay for $20 a few months ago. So feel good about this buy.

C9969809-75A2-4EFF-9546-C402C555628F.jpeg

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a original used car owners manual and my mate purchased a copy reproduction one from the internet for £25 , for my birthday present a few years ago

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mal will you still talk to me if I tell you who it was?

It looks like the same manual that Coupeking is selling as a reproduction for $350 US, which equates to about $560 AU plus postage. Time will tell if it was a good buy. In any case I don't currently have a manual so this is what my glove box was waiting for.

Just about everyone can say that they got something a few years ago for a relatively cheap price but things have changed. I'm so glad I bought most of my parts when they were far less $$ and during a period of cheap shipping for my car 5 and 6 years ago. To do the same now would be at least twice the cost. Look at the price for replacement panels, Petri steering wheels ( people don't even blink to spend €1500 for mint Petri ), 265/5 gearboxes. Workshop rates are nearly 50% more than just a few years ago. The cost to properly restore a car has flown away from what most people can afford.
I really want to see some recent fully restored cars hit the market to reset prices for E9s - my guess is around the $130,000 US to $180,000 range.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This one sold for $50 2 days ago so hopefully someone here got it:

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mal will you still talk to me if I tell you who it was?

It looks like the same manual that Coupeking is selling as a reproduction for $350 US, which equates to about $560 AU plus postage. Time will tell if it was a good buy. In any case I don't currently have a manual so this is what my glove box was waiting for.

Just about everyone can say that they got something a few years ago for a relatively cheap price but things have changed. I'm so glad I bought most of my parts when they were far less $$ and during a period of cheap shipping for my car 5 and 6 years ago. To do the same now would be at least twice the cost. Look at the price for replacement panels, Petri steering wheels ( people don't even blink to spend €1500 for mint Petri ), 265/5 gearboxes. Workshop rates are nearly 50% more than just a few years ago. The cost to properly restore a car has flown away from what most people can afford.
I really want to see some recent fully restored cars hit the market to reset prices for E9s - my guess is around the $130,000 US to $180,000 range.

Well done mate. Congrats. No hard feelings, I’ve still got a PDF version at least. And will keep my eyes open for the next original E9 red book that comes along.

So I jumped out at £109. After about 10+ bids I lost the will to keep going after making no dent on whoever I was auto bidding against - I assumed they had put up a big price so I was out...... I hope your cap price wasn’t like £110 and I missed it by a quid lol.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

That was an incredible steal.

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score

I got that one :D