WTB: Recaros

posix

Reaction score
hello forum peeps,
I’ve been going back and forth on keeping the stock seats to swapping to recaros.

If anyone has a set for a decent price, I’ll buy it and try it out hehe.

doesn’t matter the color, will be having it reupholstered anyway. Getting a custom interior color :p

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you might also consider a set of Scheel Mann sport seats (not the ones that are in the CSL). i think they are more comfortable than Recaro

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score

They almost always have sets of restored recaros for E9’s avail. I’ve had e21 sorts Seats (in an e21 sport), and didn’t find them as comfortable as scheels, but comfort is a very individual thing. You might love them. The Recaros that I did like were the Recaro-C, but with bigger seat base bolsters.

I got my scheel from
Him, but it’s not normally something he would have.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've got some for sale.

posix

Reaction score
I've got some for sale.

Just took a look, ones I’m looking for ideally are not the electric ones. But will consider

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a pair in that I'm interested in selling. They're being stored by a friend in Seattle. They were recovered a few years ago if I remember correctly by Aardvarc racing but I'd need to check if that was them who did it. I'll figure out a price if you're interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpeg
    IMG_0943.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0944.jpeg
    IMG_0944.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0945.jpeg
    IMG_0945.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0946.jpeg
    IMG_0946.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0947.jpeg
    IMG_0947.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0948.jpeg
    IMG_0948.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 144

posix

Reaction score
I have a pair in that I'm interested in selling. They're being stored by a friend in Seattle. They were recovered a few years ago if I remember correctly by Aardvarc racing but I'd need to check if that was them who did it. I'll figure out a price if you're interested.
they look really great, would be a shame to reupholster them. looking for a pair that isn't reupholstered because will be using different leather and dye.

posix

Reaction score
Cant believe recaros are going for this much now.... I bought a set, around the same condition, for my 2002 for $400 2 years back.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cant believe recaros are going for this much now.... I bought a set, around the same condition, for my 2002 for $400 2 years back.

Aardvark will pay $400 per core seat. Figure a set with decent (vinyl) will be worth $1K without issue. Start adding professional leather and the price goes way up. You can still find cheap 320is cars but you have a whole community of 2002 owners keeping an eye out for them.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
a year or so ago, aardvark was asking 1100 for a pair of vinyl seats and 2000 for leather. now both up by 1k. that is a significant increase in a short period of time. the e21 are nice seats, but not great seats. the scheel mann sport seats are much more comfortable ... at least to me, much better lower back support.

my favorite in the recaro / bmw seats is the e30 sport seats, more adjustable and better support / comfort. they probably require a little manipulation to fit in a coupe ... as i remember they have 'feet' as part of the seat frame.

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love Recaros. I have them in my coupe and my euro six has factory Recaros. I put them in both of the 2002s that I restored.

I have been so lucky over the years picking up Recaro seats. I bought two sets of e21 Recaros off a guy in Bellevue (off of CL) for a total of $100.00. One set was cloth and one vinyl. Another guy gave me set of near perfect e21 Recaros when I was looking at buying one of his cars. I told him that I would buy them from him but he said that I could just have them. Who am I to argue. About a year ago, I found a passenger seat for $40 bucks on CL. A few months later, I found a drivers seat for $50 bucks. I sold them a couple of months ago for $550.00 and the guy I that bought them for his Datsun 510 was ecstatic.

I'm always looking for them and buy them even if I don't need them.

Last edited:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a beautiful set of Ideal C's in mint condition with the small manual air bladder lumbar support. I think I advertised them for 1500 and didn't get one bite. They went back in a car. I was surprised as they were perfect. I think they are all over the place in pricing. Keep looking and you'll get lucky.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a beautiful set of Ideal C's in mint condition with the small manual air bladder lumbar support. I think I advertised them for 1500 and didn't get one bite. They went back in a car. I was surprised as they were perfect. I think they are all over the place in pricing. Keep looking and you'll get lucky.
perhaps many people, such as me, didn't realize how much the e21 seats had gone up ... and how much of a bargain yours were at 1500. i have my scheels and aren't really looking ... but if i didn't, yours would have been a great choice.