Who has filed a claim with Hagerty?

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've had my coupe insured with Hagerty for years based on recommendations from folks here. I am up for renewal and decided to take a few minutes to just see what other options were out there. I started reading reviews (taken with a grain of salt, I don't imagine very many happy customers go out of their way to review their insurance company) and they're generally lousy. Many people said they're great and no problems, that is, until you actually have to file a claim.

If anyone here has personally had a claim paid (or denied / underpaid) by Hagerty, would you mind sharing a bit about your experience?

Thanks in advance,

Travis

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
no idea about claims ... haven't made one when i was with hagerty ... or with my current insurer heac0ck. heac0ck saved me about 30% with a higher value ... and they have a great reputation and easy to work with

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have filed claims. One windshield, paid promptly. Twice the car needed to be towed and again, no problem.
Happily I have not needed it for major damage

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Barry has had a couple claims and they worked out great, which is why I went with Hagerty. Maybe he'll chime in if he's not too busy working on his coupe!

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
Hagerty :))

Here's the story
The first time my son and I went to Legends in Monterey I was in my driveway ready to go but needed to go back into the house to kiss my wife goodby. I come back out and the Coupe rolled down the driveway and hit a boulder. Ouch ... they payed.

Second time, crazy driveway got me again. My son backed it up the driveway and didn't put the e brake on. It missed the boulder but hit a fire hydrant across the street. Big time... they payed again but did ask " didn't you do this the last time" why yes I said.

Last time I was rear ended , by a Sac county cop.. he was really pissed. I called the county and they only wanted to pay half of what Hagerty payed, yeah they payed again.
Not only the rear that was hit but because they couldn't match the paint on the car they had to paint the whole car because there are no brake on the body" thank you karman " except the doors and hood.

So , yes go with Hagerty

They did go after the county to recover they loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those stories, Barry! Sorry for your luck with the coupe coming into abrupt forceful contact with hard dense objects. ;) But that's great that you wound up getting the whole car painted. Glad to hear a positive review from a reliable source!

Thanks,
Travis

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good to know that there are two people behind my Hagerty rate increases and one is a cop.
Thanks Obama...

Thinking out loud, there should be insurance testing, where a number of probe claims are filed randomly to test the system, with good documentation to support them and when the carrier pays, the system returns the check with a thank you note that says: Congratulations, you just passed a test.

I was once asked to smuggle a gun into a plane just to test the system, they told me that otherwise complancency sets in and you never know if it will work.

Hagerty :))

The first time my son and I
Second time,. My son backed it up
Last time I was rear ended , by a Sac county cop..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good to know that there are two people behind my Hagerty rate increases and one is a cop.
Thanks Obama...

Thinking out loud, there should be insurance testing, where a number of probe claims are filed randomly to test the system, with good documentation to support them and when the carrier pays, the system returns the check with a thank you note that says: Congratulations, you just passed a test.

I was once asked to smuggle a gun into a plane just to test the system, they told me that otherwise complancency sets in and you never know if it will work.

"Hello officer, thank you for pulling me over after I sped 20mph over the speed limit. I'm doing a test to see if local law enforcement is doing their job. You passed! I'll be on my way now..."