First Croatian Coupe?

Brungie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here is our '75 3.0 CSi that underwent a full restoration and has been on the road since October 2016.
Been a reader for over a year now but let's finally post some pics. I'll just throw in a bunch of photos and hope you don't mind.

Mods include:
KW Adjustable Coilover Kit
5 Speed Gearbox
BBS RC Wheels 18" with Conti Sport Contact 3 (245 rears, 215 fronts)
Spare Alpina 2nd-gen 18"
Spare BBS Mahle Style 16"
Classic Nardi Steering Wheel
Recaro Classic Seats

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 368
  • IMG_5469.JPG
    IMG_5469.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 381
  • IMG_5470.JPG
    IMG_5470.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 343
  • IMG_5605.JPG
    IMG_5605.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 353
  • IMG_8265.JPG
    IMG_8265.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 331
  • IMG_8728.JPG
    IMG_8728.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 317
  • IMG_5580.jpg
    IMG_5580.jpg
    941.8 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_7952.jpg
    IMG_7952.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 364
  • IMG_8256-2.jpg
    IMG_8256-2.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 311

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome, Brungie...very nicely done, and good pictures. One question, what is attached to the door panel just in front of the arm rest/pull in picture 3..(looks like two boxes)?
I will bet that you get many questions about the car whenever you drive to town!

Brungie

Reaction score
Yeah not that many youngsters around here hahah
Correct, those are electric mirror controls. I suppose it was an OEM option back then?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Brungie,

Beautiful coupe! I love the color of your interior and your Recaros fit well. Keep posting pictures. I would love to see the back seats and a full shot of an empty seat. Also a better pic of the leather wrapped dash. I have to say that the Mahle's are my favorite. I like the look of 18's on coupes when lowered, but prefer RS's or RC's. Good job!

Brungie

Reaction score
Hi Brungie,

Beautiful coupe! I love the color of your interior and your Recaros fit well. Keep posting pictures. I would love to see the back seats and a full shot of an empty seat. Also a better pic of the leather wrapped dash. I have to say that the Mahle's are my favorite. I like the look of 18's on coupes when lowered, but prefer RS's or RC's. Good job!

Thanks man,
I think 17" are ideal for the coupe and I prefer RS to RC but dad's taste is a bit different haha. I do like the look of the wide 245 rears though.
I don't have a photo of rear seats but they are upholstered in same leather as the recaros and door panels. I'm at uni now so I'll get a photo when I come back home in April.
The dash photo is quite bad but hopefully gives an idea. I'll definitely do a proper photoshoot in April.

Also, we are considering a new exhaust system because we put a fresh OEM rear muffler and it is just to quiet compared to the old one with burned membranes that actually sounded better. Are there any popular options?
I found this one from Caragraphic but never heard about them before http://www.cargraphicts.com/en/prod...r-bmw/30l-csi-coupe/e9/sport-exhaust-systems/

Attachments

• IMG_5704.JPG
    IMG_5704.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_9268.jpg
    IMG_9268.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_9271.jpg
    IMG_9271.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_9258.jpg
    IMG_9258.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 286

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Those 16's look great but aren't they Rial's?

What are the tire sizes on those, including the profile? I see some stretch and I like it!

Brungie

Reaction score
Those 16's look great but aren't they Rial's?

What are the tire sizes on those, including the profile? I see some stretch and I like it!

I said mahle style because I wasn't sure what they were. I believe they are Rial's yeah.
We'll probably get the yellow part repainted in black or a proper gold paint.

Tires were 205/50 but I'm not sure about the wheel width.

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Lovely!

Although not OEM, the stitched dash pads really look good. Got me thinking since I have cracks in mine.

img_9271-jpg.24363

DrM

Reaction score
What a beautiful car! Good job
Did you use the factory settings for the kw coilovers or did you change anything (height etc)

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dobar dan Brungie. I'm in Zadar almost every summer (my wife is originally from Pag); I'll have to keep an eye out for your beautiful coupe!