Interior re-do

Celtic_FC_Fan

Reaction score
I'm looking into having my seats re-done (front and back), what are the ballpark dollars I might be facing. I have a fixed budget and have other repairs to include.

Thanks,

Jason

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
interior redo

I had my interior redone a few years ago. It was a rather costly endeavor (4-5K) if done properly and completed with high quality hides, like BMW used originally. Th back of the front seats requires damn near 2 hides alone!

I have to say if I was to do it over again, I would do it exactly the same.

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had the seats of a 2002 redone a couple of years ago in good quality vinyl- $700.00 for front, headrests and rear. San Diego area. I delivered the seats, so no removal of seat rails, etc. was necessary by the upholsterer. Based upon prior posts, the biggest variable seems to be material.

Good luck!

Mike Pelly

Reaction score
I live in OC and had my complete interior done for about $2K

and they did a perfect job with high quality leather. I sent another coupe there and it turned out great. He's been in then business for 30 years and he owns a small shop in Garden Grove. Let me know if you need more details.

carpet, leather, and redid lower part of door panels and some of the AC surround panels.

Shawn

Reaction score
The interior was the scariest and most unclear part of my restoration. Lots of shops said they could do a coupe but few had done them and I have heard more horror stories about interiors from coupe owners than I wish to recall.
Rule of thumb with interiors: you get what you pay for. If the bid seems low be cautious, ask for references and pictures. I went with a tried, tested, and true interior guy in Redwood City, CA (Cook's) who had done 8+ coupes, 3 of which I had seen. Price was about 6k. He delivered on time (another bag of worms with scary interior horror stories) and the quality was A+.

Good Luck.

Shawn

IMG_0111-01.gif

IMG_0110-01.gif

Ian Larsen

Reaction score
mike pelly.....

Please POST your guy's contact info! When the time comes, I'd be willing to SHIP my seats to him for that price!

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cooks was the shop that did my interior. As Shawn said, "you get what you pay for".

I had a gentleman here on the east coast, who owns a very high end upholstery shop in CT, comment on the quality of the workmanship after inspecting my interior. After I told him what it cost me for the job, his only comment was he could not have done it any cheaper and the workmanship was superb. He also commented on the execution of the coupe interior, in general, and stated it was comparable of any high end exotic car interior of its' day.

Mike Pelly

Reaction score
interior

The shop in Garden Grove is County Auto Uphostery and the two guys who run it are Rafael and Andy. I'll be happy to send anyone photos of my interiors off-line. The pics I have are two too large to post on this site. By the way, they did two coupes for me-Polaris silver with blue interior and and Agave green with tan interior.
I can find their phone number if you need it.
Mike

corsachili

Reaction score
Hansen......................sodding show off. Is that a scratch I see on one of your pieces of chrome or is it just a piece of dust reflected off an Inka CS?

Shawn

Reaction score
Actually those sctraches are an optical illusion. They dissapear when you are overwhlemed by the new leather smell and are completely drawn into a tactile experience with a nice squeeze to the front seats..... I did paint the interior of my trunk Inka for a little shock factor, one of a kind I told myself and thought I could get a little fibrillation out of you at the next meet..

Shawn :roll:

haimtoeg

Reaction score
About 4K, leather and new carpet

Including custom rails for E24 Recaros. Done about a year ago by Casari in Houston.