S14 engine?? Possible!

Ebonix

Reaction score
Hi all,

just a few questions, hope someone can assist.

I have recently stripped the 2000cs back to bare metal and getting ready to etch prime the vehicle, however in the meantime i am at the stage of removing the engine and gearbox.

My question is, If i sourced and located an S14 engine, would it slot into the engine bay without any hassels, will the orginal clutch and gearbox withstand the engine torque etc etc. If none of the above will work, what is required to increase power of the MB10 engine that is currently in the vehicle? I have seen engine pics with 4x carbies, 2x carbies, throttle bodies etc etc.

I plan on bringing this car to 80% spec except for the engine and colour

Thanks in advance...

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Read this blog:
http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,345762/
This will give you some idea of what you face.

The 2002 conversion is easier than the 2000CS will be and has been done many times so there is a lot info available. Not so for the 2000CS. You will probably be the first.

Also an S14 will quickly destroy the 2000CS transmission. You can adapt an E21 5 speed.

Spend a few hours looking through the 2002FAQ website and you will see lots of ideas for M10 engine mods.

Good luck and post lots of pictures!

Ebonix

Reaction score
Read this blog:
http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,345762/
This will give you some idea of what you face.

The 2002 conversion is easier than the 2000CS will be and has been done many times so there is a lot info available. Not so for the 2000CS. You will probably be the first.

Also an S14 will quickly destroy the 2000CS transmission. You can adapt an E21 5 speed.

Spend a few hours looking through the 2002FAQ website and you will see lots of ideas for M10 engine mods.

Good luck and post lots of pictures!

Thank you Bill, nice link...

Ok closer inspection under all the grit and dirt reveals to me a BMW stamp on the side of the engine block E21 2.0 followed by a year stamp of 76. What engine is this??

Perhaps this is a good engine to work with and modify slightly??...This engine only has a single carb although the vehicle originally should have had 2x carbies?

S14 engine project sounds costly so maybe, the current engine is possible for some modifications and bringing up to some decent power?

Will post some pics coming this weekend :)

2many02s

Reaction score
I have a 2000 with an M42 in it.

I have owned an S14 powered 2002 and it had lots of BRAKES! With the M42(automatic) the stock 2000 brakes work just fine. I am going to up grade the fronts to a tii or Aardvark set up next spring, I think.
M42installed.jpg