'71 2800CS For Sale

BONDCS

Reaction score
FOR SALE: '71 2800CS - Manual 4 Speed - $24,500 obo - Laguna Beach, CA - Rarely driven & always garaged. Pics at www.vintagebmwlive.com (click on 2nd Place Award from 2009 BMWCCA West Coast Summer Concours) It drove beautifully all the way up the 101 to Carmel and back.... VIN: 2280458

Here's my 411 on this beauty: (Selling out of necessity :( I love this car! I'll have to restore another one again down the road)

Restoration: new paint approx. 2 1/2 years ago... 2 coats (BMW 'Arctic Silver') w/ clear coat) - still in perfect condition (original color was blue). No blue visible anywhere! All chrome/molding either re-chromed/polished (w/ the exception of the windwing frames). It has new carpet, new headliner, zero cracks in any part of the dash, nice vintage Momo steering wheel, wood is good... not perfect. Vinyl blue seats refurbished, nice cd/stereo (w/ ipod hook-up) in the glove box so I could kept the original Blaupunkt. Back window deck cover w/ 4 custom speaker holes (nice). Nicely detailed engine & refurbished original wheels. Cargo compartment detailed nicely. No rust issues.

Previous work (within the last year): new power steering pump, replaced plastic bushing in the peddle linkage near the firewall, also fixed the auto-choke, and put in a new throttle spring. Had valve adjustment when cover was off for polishing, and a major tune up (plugs, all fluids, and all filters (has electronic ignition). Compression is good in all cylinders. New radiator reservoir & new battery.

Recent work: brakes... new pads (all 4 wheels). Also, new Flex Disk & Driveshaft Support Bearing (I believe both are common items that eventually wear out). And, I just had a new exhaust resonator put in. It's running the best its ever ran right now. No smoke nor does it burn much oil. I use the new Castrol 20/50 High Mileage oil... good stuff!

Minor issues: the power windows still need a slight adjustment. The front 2 windows get real slow towards the very top... just need to rev the engine (common issue). Slight oil leak... slight! The underside could stand to be detail out a bit more... as well as little details in the doors jams from when it was painted. The tool compartment is damaged but has been modified to work... although no hooks to hold it up, and no tools. That's it... detailed slideshow (exterior/interior/underside) available upon request. Buyer will not be disappointed... it really is a nice car! Contact Al at 949-836-1497 or [email protected]

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Al,

Good luck with the sale. Since I know your car I can say it is extremely clean and presents very well and should make a new owner very happy. You can add photos to this post by using "Manage Attachments" below your reply, they just need to be of a reasonable size. I am sure others would like to see more engine bay photos and interior as well. Take care.

BONDCS

Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I think it's easiest if intersted parties just go to my website: www.vintagebmwlive.com for pics. If still interested... I can send them a detailed Shutterfly slideshow. Your car is in one of the pics on my site from the Carmel show... 1st Place... nice! Also, my email contact is: [email protected]