Beautiful Restored '71 2800CS For Sale

BONDCS

Reaction score
I have recently lowered the price to $23,900. The car is currently located in the showroom at AutoSport International in the Irvine Auto Center. I will also be taking it to Cars and Coffee in the Irvine Spectrum this Saturday. If interested, please call Al at 949-836-1497, email me at [email protected], or just repond back on this thread.

More photos are available at www.vintagebmwlive.com (click on the Second Place Trophy from the 2009 BMWCCA West Coast Summer Concours).

Attachments

• LB_CarShow_2800CS.jpg
    LB_CarShow_2800CS.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 2800CS 2.jpg
    2800CS 2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 2800CS_2nd Place.jpg
    2800CS_2nd Place.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 2800CS_Eng.jpg
    2800CS_Eng.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 266

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can see in the restoration photos that the body was generally prepped, some filler used to even out dents I asume and painted, was that the extent of the restoration? Were the fenders removed to check for rust under? Any rust prone areas that were repaired? Was the engine/tranny/diff rebuilt? The interior redone? Was this more of a cosmetic restoration would you say or a complete restoration? By the way, the car does look beautiful. I can not argue with that fact.

BONDCS

Reaction score
Verde...

I had just finished a long overview of the restoration when I lost everything. Apparently I took too long and the system signed me out :( bummer! I will post it agian by the end of the day.... Al

BONDCS

Reaction score
'71 2800CS Restoration

Rarely driven & always garaged. This coupe received a Second Place Award from 2009 BMW CCA West Coast Summer Concours. She drove beautifully all the way up the 101 to Carmel and back.... VIN: 2280458 (Currently in the showroom at AutoSport in the Irvine Auto Center... this place is the old Irvine BMW location)

Restoration: new paint approx. 2 1/2 years ago... 2 coats (BMW 'Arctic Silver Metallic' ) w/ clear coat) - still in perfect condition (original color was blue). No blue visible anywhere! All chrome/molding either re-chromed/polished (w/ the exception of the windwing frames). It has new carpet, new headliner, zero cracks in any part of the dash, nice vintage Momo steering wheel, dash wood is good... not perfect. Vinyl blue seats refurbished/replaced, nice cd/stereo (w/ ipod hook-up) in the glove box so I could kept the original Blaupunkt. Back window deck cover w/ 4 custom speaker holes (nice). New windshield seals (front & back). Nicely detailed engine & refurbished original wheels. Cargo compartment is very clean.

Previous work (within the last year): new power steering pump, replaced plastic bushing in the peddle linkage near the firewall, also fixed the auto-choke, and put in a new throttle spring. Had valve adjustment when cover was off for polishing, and a major tune up (plugs, all fluids, and all filters (has electronic ignition). Compression is good in all cylinders, doesn’t burn oil nor does it smoke. New clutch slave cylinder, new radiator reservoir & new battery.

Original 4 speed manual trany is perfect. No noise, shifts beautifully, and no syncro issues.

Recent work: brakes... new disk pads (front & back). Also, new Flex Disk & Driveshaft Support Bearing (I believe both are common items that eventually wear out). And, I just had a new exhaust resonator put in. It's running the best its ever ran right now. Really drives like a dream!

Rust Issues: the only major rust issues I had to deal with was in both bottom quarter panels. Completely cut out and new metal put in. This was done extremely well! Anything else was minor surface rust and taken care of porperly.

Shutterfly slideshow is available to include underside pics. Please provide me an email address so I can forward the link.

Any other questions?

Last edited:

BONDCS

Reaction score
Additional pics...

More pics at the 2009 BMWCCA West Coast Summer Concours

Attachments

• Carmel 1.jpg
    Carmel 1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 232
  • Carmel 2.jpg
    Carmel 2.jpg