1969 BMW 2800cs Belgium spec car in Canada

Wbs

Reaction score
I'm new to the board and just purchased 2800cs from long term owner. The car has been sitting for some time and needs some service. The car is rust free but will need to be repainted as its faded. I hope this site will help with acquisition of replacement parts (wear and tear items).

Regards
Wbs

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome! Everyone here is so very helpful, you won't be disappointed. First order of business is some photos of your new acquisition. We are Coupe junkies after all and we need to see new ones every day! Great you can save another one. Any history or details of condition and what you are planning to do with your new Coupe will be most interesting. Mike

Wbs

Reaction score
I will post some photos when I get chance, at the moment I am dealing with fuel that has gone bad. The gas tank has been rebuilt and a new fuel sender installed. The fuel pump and carbs have also been taken care of. I was able to start the car after 16 years of slumber and it ran well, but only for severl seconds as the rad was in for recoring.
So my intentions are to run the car and drive it for a few kilometres and then disassemble it for paint. At that time I will remove the engine and suspension assemblies and rebuild all the sub assemblies.
The bumpers and some trim have already been removed, so I have jumped in with both feet and theres no turning back.
Hope to add some phots along the way

Cheers

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the addiction. I am about to pick up a stash of parts for recycling. Let us know what you may need.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Saw a mostly disassembled early Silver Coupe through a fence on Gerard Street East at a Very high end shop a couple of days ago? Looked straight and unrusted. This place has no signs and deals with cars that are flown in from Dubai for service. If this is yours, you are moving fast. If not, Toronto has another Silver Coupe on the rise. My 71' Polaris Coupe is Belgium spec too.

Last edited:

Wbs

Reaction score
It's mine, and I hope to have it on the road in the spring. Drop in and say hello

Wbs

Reaction score
Started dismantling the car for paint
IMG_1418.JPG

Wbs

Reaction score
As is always the case, once you start to dismantle a car it never ends. The cars engine, trans and rear end have all been removed. Next on the list is the electrical harness and all under hood accessories.

Wbs

Reaction score
The paint was faded and the rubbers seals were showing sign of age, but the car is rust free which make the entire process a little bit easier.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
The paint was faded and the rubbers seals were showing sign of age, but the car is rust free which make the entire process a little bit easier.
Hard to believe an Ontario car could be rust free. Must have had a very dry garage with heat in it. Looks like it is proceeding very nicely.

Wbs

Reaction score
Bob, No winters and in the garage it's whole life. I was surprised as well, once the paint was removed and the metal exposed

The car is presently on rollers and is completely dismantled, I will post some photos