1970 2800cs project for sale

M5dCS

Reaction score
Haven't had time to work on this project in several years and I need the garage cleared out. This coupe is vin# 2280177 and was originally Malaga, then repainted orange, but is mostly back to Malaga and primer. Extensive rust repair was taken care of and only spare tire well and one small spot on rear inner wheelwell need attention.
Front fenders were removed and all front strut, firewall,rocker panels, and flooring were repaired. Front brakes are 840 brembo calipers and discs, rear brakes are 540 discs with Porsche Boxter rear calipers, master cylinders are Tilton and need mounting and plumbed. Shocks and struts are Bilstien Sport, springs are from Carl Nelson, and sway bars are Suspension Technics. All bushings and rod ends have been replaced and polyeurethane bushings used were and when available. Rear trailing arms are adjustable and have urethane bushings. Rear upper diff mount from Carl Nelson was installed as well a frame reinforcement.
Engine is a European spec 1990 M5 (same as 91 US spec) that was completely rebuilt. New rings, bearings, ARP rod bolts, oil pump, 3 angle valve job, chains, guides, and updated chain tensioner.
Gearbox is a close ratio 5 speed with 1:1 ratio 5th gear. Transmission was totally rebuilt with all new bearings, syncronizers, and seals. Clutch disc and pressure plate are updated M5.
Diff is a 3.07 with limited slip and has had all bearings and seals replaced. Diff was properly preloaded and clearances set at time of rebuild.
Minor body work and sanding are needed as well as a complete interior renovation. Included are a fiberglass motorsports dash, front spoiler and rear spoiler. Taillights are new red/red lenses.
I'm sure I've overlooked some things so please call me at 208-347-3309 and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have, no, at this time I don't have any pictures and the car is surrounded with clutter at this time. My asking price is $14,000, which I feel is fair due to vast amounts of time and money invested in this project to date. Please ask about any concerns you may have as I would like to see this go to a good home for finishing. Thanks all, you're a great bunch, Leroy Braden
PS Car is located in New Meadows Idaho

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
The rebuilt motor and close ratio transmission alone are worth the asking price. The motor I'm sure cost around $10k to rebuild.

Last edited:

M5dCS

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the interest in my project that I have for sale, yes there is an interior for the car, lets just say "it's rough". And yes the engine was a little spendy to rebuild but really not all that bad. I'm currently trying to get things moved around so I can take pictures of the car and get them posted for all of you, thank you all for your interest and your patience as I'm not much of a Techie and posting pics will not be a piece of cake for me, I'd rather push a Harley around the block with a flat tire, but I'll persevere and we'll make it happen, thanks again, Leroy

M5dCS

Reaction score
Thought I'd best let everyone know that I received a refundable deposit on the coupe this morning from one of our forum members, he is coming to look everything over and make a final decision, I think that is fair to all involved. If he decides to not purchase the car I will let everyone know on this thread probably by Sunday. Thanks to all of you for your interest and help, I also have a 62 MB 220SE coupe project car for sale if any of you are interested. Thanks Leroy