1972 CS on BaT

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The BMWCCA ( no space) badge has been on the front grill for a long time. The center kidney grill is from a later car.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Only 7 comments so far, but already the car is being ripped to shreds...

It needs some serious love
: ( Hobby car
Lots of things as noted in the description and shown in the photos that need to be addressed to make this a nicer example
Those carpet mats have got to go!!
Despite being quite needy...
A shame since this would be a fun car to have in a warm clime for cruising around if items addressed were taken care of

I can't see anything mentioned in the listing or comments that would take more than a couple of days and very little money to correct.

Where have the serious buyers gone? I'd hate to be selling a collector car right now.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don’t post negative comments on BaT but I do see many issues that might only be confirmed with a thorough PPI.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought that was harsh. Unfortunately there’s also stuff the seller should could have made a non issue for virtually no investment. Just remove the left fog lamp if the right cannot be reattached. I think I’d rather see what’s under the tape on the driver seat than the tape. How much does a set of tires cost? I think they could lose $10k just with some low effort stuff. Not even stuff you have to know the cars to fix.

I always laugh at the hate for coco mats.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought that was harsh. Unfortunately there’s also stuff the seller should could have made a non issue for virtually no investment. Just remove the left fog lamp if the right cannot be reattached. I think I’d rather see what’s under the tape on the driver seat than the tape. How much does a set of tires cost? I think they could lose $10k just with some low effort stuff. Not even stuff you have to know the cars to fix.

I always laugh at the hate for coco mats.
Chris, I think it is only ‘those’ coco mats!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why does it have 2 sheet metal screws in the driver fender top?

1972_bmw_3.0cs_200-4.jpeg