Site Donor $
Reaction score
funny that the wipers and grille are chrome as mine are all black
and old style mirrors
i dont like em

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Flag mirrors weren't available until mid 75 on the 2002s, all coupes came with trap mirrors or electric on the 74s. I don't think euro coupes ever got black wipers but I could be wrong.

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Shouldn't a 1974 have the newer pattern on the seats? Must be an early one...

I actually love the 1974 pattern seats...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Shouldn't a 1974 have the newer pattern on the seats? Must be an early one.

Most CSI's didn't get leather and these are clearly redone. The owner could have opted for vertical stitching. I was wondering why my '73 had vertical stitching also. I don't know when it changed.

This car has definitely had some interior work done. The dash top is leather and the dash wood is a burl veneer. The car also has AC and power windows up front.

Bill 74 3.0 CS

Reaction score
The windshield wipers were chrome from 1968 until 1972, then for years 1973, 1974 changed to black. The window buttons and electric window motors changed that year as well to a newer design. As fas as the seats go, it should be inline with the mentioned years. Mirrors for the 73, 74, were the bulky electrical type shared by the E3. The side fins, center grill and the headrest pins came in black, but there was an option for them to be in chrome paying more of course. It is normal for a car manufacturer to make soft changes (upgrades/updates) mid-cycle to their aging platforms.

CookeD

Reaction score
1973 has vertical stitching in the leather seats, and silver / chrome wipers through the production run.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Believe this is Chris Robbin's CSi, restored by Carl Nelson. He was asking $125K

IMG_5614.JPG
IMG_5615.JPG
IMG_5616.JPG
IMG_5617.JPG
IMG_5618.JPG

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The windshield wipers were chrome from 1968 until 1972, then for years 1973, 1974 changed to black. The window buttons and electric window motors changed that year as well to a newer design. As fas as the seats go, it should be inline with the mentioned years. Mirrors for the 73, 74, were the bulky electrical type shared by the E3. The side fins, center grill and the headrest pins came in black, but there was an option for them to be in chrome paying more of course. It is normal for a car manufacturer to make soft changes (upgrades/updates) mid-cycle to their aging platforms.

Bill,

Wipers were chrome and then Satin through 1973, black in 74, can't say if Europe got the black wipers. Window motors changed around Feb/Mar 1973. Mirrors were trapezoid through 1974, electric was optional in 74 on US coupes.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bill,

Wipers were chrome and then Satin through 1973, black in 74, can't say if Europe got the black wipers. Window motors changed around Feb/Mar 1973. Mirrors were trapezoid through 1974, electric was optional in 74 on US coupes.
Lovely, BUT. The speaker grille delete and the add on speakers in the kick panels makes the dash wood look really odd after decades of looking at what has always been there. At least there are no Sony speakers in the panel behind the back seats. What does the trunk look like for $100k?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What's wrong with speakers in the rear package tray? Prefer that to obviously non-stock front speakers.

Nice rig, but not a fan of burl wood except on a Bentley

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Super nice! Love it when the plucks or tucks are done right as the originals.
Teahead, agree about the burl. I have nothing against add on speakers as long as they are hidden. And there are lots of ways to hide them. Although my engine, driveline and suspension are not original everything else is down to the radio knobs. But that's me.
Steve

Bill 74 3.0 CS

Reaction score
Bill,

I am out in europe and my the production date of November 1974 model came with the electric mirror and black wipers. It is possible that there might have been some slight changes depending on regions or markets. I know that the US market usually prefers the cars to be fully loaded compared to the European market.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like a nice car, but it is curious the seller would rely on local Craigslist advertising for this type of car.