3.0 CS 1971 pics for new insurance company

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
deQuincey,

Goes without saying...beautiful car!

Have a question, whats that piece attached to the small coolant hose?
DQ%20Coolant%20Hose_zpsnfok7pb0.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful! It is amazing how similar your '71 looks to mine. The only difference is that mine is red. Also mine is a bit dirtier, with a tad more rust, and a slightly more worn interior, and it isn't running right now, and yours probably doesn't smell like mildew. Other than that, nearly identical!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
deQ, my insurance company want new pics. Can I use yours? Lovely, lovely, lovely.
What kind of agreed value in $$$s are you looking for. Mine is currently at $37,500. and the company is giving me a hard time. Great paint, Polaris, CSi, black leather, except for the motor with appears stock and correct the car is completely original. Your thoughts.

Steve

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
deQ, my insurance company want new pics. Can I use yours? Lovely, lovely, lovely.
What kind of agreed value in $$$s are you looking for. Mine is currently at $37,500. and the company is giving me a hard time. Great paint, Polaris, CSi, black leather, except for the motor with appears stock and correct the car is completely original. Your thoughts.

Steve

ok steve, no worries,
here is not so common to get insurance on an agreed value, so it is my first time, we are negotiating around 30 k euro, i guess in the US it is north that figure,

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
deQ, one of the most beautiful to behold. Years ago Pontiac ran a magazine ad for the Firebird. Shot like yours with the doors open, hood closed, from the front. I borrowed that shot and took one of my coupe and won a day at the track at a high performance driver's school.
I like the Panama in the trunk.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
deQ, with the euro so anemic against the $$, 30k euros is not even close to the replacement value of your beautiful!!! coupe.

Mine is at $37,500. and I want to increase it to at least $45. based on sales that I know of here. PM me if you want more info and pics of mine to compare to yours.

Steve

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
deQ, with the euro so anemic against the $$, 30k euros is not even close to the replacement value of your beautiful!!! coupe.

Mine is at $37,500. and I want to increase it to at least $45. based on sales that I know of here. PM me if you want more info and pics of mine to compare to yours.

Steve

thank you for your offer steve,

the debate on the price was over
you are right, probably prices will still go up, so we will see next year
the problem is that here very few companies offer this type of insurance, so i had little to compare or to negotiate, it was not too bad as they started bidding at 18keuro ;-)

anyway the real thing is that there is not such a big market for e9s here, and the last examples that i know had been sold around 18 to 22 k, what happens in germany or the US does not mean too much to them as they are wrongly considering this still as a local market

in any case i will try hard not to use this insurance ;-)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
deQ, the problem that there aren't many e9's in your area is exactly the issue. in order to replace your coupe, you will have to go to a bigger market to find something comparable ... such as Germany, maybe Italy, France or Belgium or even the US. so values there are applicable to replacement costs. face it, there aren't thousands of examples of a coupe in the condition of yours ... and the cost of NOS parts like you have on yours goes up every day.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
deQ, the problem that there aren't many e9's in your area is exactly the issue. in order to replace your coupe, you will have to go to a bigger market to find something comparable ... such as Germany, maybe Italy, France or Belgium or even the US. so values there are applicable to replacement costs. face it, there aren't thousands of examples of a coupe in the condition of yours ... and the cost of NOS parts like you have on yours goes up every day.

you are right, scott, but that was the limit, i wasnt able to get more than that