All snug in their bed...

rb1971

Reaction score
...while visions of Autobahns dance in their heads.

First real drive of my CSi project was yesterday. Headed from downtown SF out to Pacifica, blew the carbon out of the motor, and by 10 miles in was driving like a dream. Spent a bunch of last night cruising around downtown SF until the fog got thick.

I've been promising a build thread, and will write one up, but in the meantime here's a pic after we were done hooning around.

Attachments

• 279657_235875103114025_100000746110373_798105_6474743_o.jpg
    279657_235875103114025_100000746110373_798105_6474743_o.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 373

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
Great looking car..

But you can't drive around at night with those yellow lights.
That would be, well just wrong - maybe against the Law

But i like it

I told my local police officer that these were stock OEM euro,Italian Delivery Federalized USA imported legal in every way... He said Hummm OK
Garage.jpg

rb1971

Reaction score
Nice fog lights - I am considering a similar add-on.

I was worried about the yellows as well, and drove past a cop late last night who looked at me and I thought might pull me over. Nope, he just waved.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
count me in as a fan of the driving light look. vintage ones can be found if you troll eBay long enough (but not the ones from KCIermany noted in Barry's post - those are not NOS AMHIK) if that's your fancy.

Front%252520close.jpg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
...while visions of Autobahns dance in their heads.

First real drive of my CSi project was yesterday. Headed from downtown SF out to Pacifica, blew the carbon out of the motor, and by 10 miles in was driving like a dream. Spent a bunch of last night cruising around downtown SF until the fog got thick.

I've been promising a build thread, and will write one up, but in the meantime here's a pic after we were done hooning around.

congratulations,...those moody moments, sweeeet !

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve check these out...
from kwyjibo

hope he doesn't mind

P1010057.jpg

Hey Barry, of course not.
The ones currently installed are made by Lucas. I actually also have a set of Hellas (like yours) and a set of Cibies (like the through-the-grill early 911 optioned by Porsche with a smaller diameter). In the spirit of "period correctness" -- or was it "Deutschland uber alles"?-- I was thinking of replacing the Lucas with the Hella lights.

rb1971

Reaction score
While I'm thinking about this, does anyone have experience mounting the fogs without the bumper? And any suggestions for approach, how hard it would be, how many holes would need to be cut, etc. would be much appreciated.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
Great looking car..
I told my local police officer that these were stock OEM euro,Italian Delivery Federalized USA imported legal in every way... He said Hummm OK

You could have at least said FRENCH delivery. Still bull but closer to anything resembling the truth...

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
You sir, have great taste in cars!

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

rb1971

Reaction score
That's a pretty sweet garage set-up you've got there. Certainly better than mine - the "trust your neighbors" factor is too high. (Fortunately, the big brother spy cam factor is also high.)