Amelia Island 2016

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
So who is going? I assume Scott (rsporshe) and Stevehose, I will see you guys there?

Not sure what car I am bringing and if I will make it for Saturday am. Depends what kids sports things are happening Friday night.

Hans-Joachim Stuck will be there as well as the 24 Stuck-Posey CSL.

Best event in the southeast, if not the entire east coast IMO.

Scott

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I priced out attending and really want to go. Alas, I need to spend that $2K on prepping Athena for and paying for The Roads to Monterey Tour. Please take copious pictures for those of us stuck at home. :sad:

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have been accepted for the Saturday show and will be bringing the M5
as the coupe is in a state of dis-assembly for body work, rust repair, repaint and interior.

Staying for Sunday as well.

Don Bower and George Whiteley are coming as well.

We need to get together for dinner again.

Gary Beck

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm in for the Sat show also but I need to work through some engine issues before driving down. I'd say I am 50/50 but really want to go due to Hans Stuck and his connection to the e9. Plus it's an adventure preparing and drivng the car there and back and yes another dinner is in order.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I just bought airfare for my wife and I to attend Amelia, will arrive Thu evening and leaving Monday afternoon. I've been wanting to do this event for quite a while and am looking forward to meeting more east coast members.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I just bought airfare for my wife and I to attend Amelia, will arrive Thu evening and leaving Monday afternoon. I've been wanting to do this event for quite a while and am looking forward to meeting more east coast members.

Great news where's the "Like" button on this forum? Really wish I could be there this year.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks to SFDon my engine is back running and better than ever with a new Schrick 282 cam so a major hurdle has been passed. Now I have to make sure the car is cleaned enough to pass HBChris' keen eye for detail :p (don't look to close!).

Andrew you should reconsider your schedule :smile:

The e9 dinner is scheduled for Saturday night. Come one come all even if you don't have your car. Venue to be determined, but last year's spot seemed to work with decent food, good parking, and on the beach.

Last edited:

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score

That's great Chris.
See Steve's post about dinner Saturday night.
We had about 8 or 10 last year.
Hope you can come join us.

Where are you staying? Near Jacksonville?
Amelia was booked up so early this year it was almost impossible to find anything on the island and that was more than a month ago.

Gary

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gary,

We are staying at the Omni, my friend Rey had an extra room or I might be in Miami! Will definitely join everyone for dinner Saturday, also doing the C&C event Saturday.

Chris

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Gary,

We are staying at the Omni, my friend Rey had an extra room or I might be in Miami! Will definitely join everyone for dinner Saturday, also doing the C&C event Saturday.

Chris

Hey that's great. You are so lucky to get a room right in the middle of everything. I've stayed there before. Nice hotel and right on the beach.

Wow, this will be fun...............

Gary

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gary,

Chris
Chris,

i've stayed there the last 2 years. you can hop on a shuttle right in front of the hotel and ride over to the concours ... and later hop back on it to get back to the omni ... i think its 5 bucks each way. its very convenient.

enjoy ... i wish i was going to be there
scott

bimmerlon

Reaction score
Hope to see everyone there! We are in for cars and coffee and the concours!We are in a house on the Island!
Lonny

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will be sending out an email about coordinating plans for arriving at the C&C so we can all park together as well as who is in for dinner Sat night.

Feel free to add names if I miss someone.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is the email I sent out, anyone here that is interested please PM me your email info and I will include you in further communiqués:

Coupers, here is the email list as I have it, please send me any other interested e9 owners that would like to meet at Sat C&C and/or e9 dinner Sat night.

Last couple years some of us lined up early on the road across from the Ritz and drove into the C&C together and parked as a group. I will send out a proposed time and exact place later but please let me know if you’d like to join us en masse.

Last year we had a dinner at Sandy Bottoms beachside restaurant which is a short drive up the beach road from the Ritz, located where A1A and Atlantic Ave intersect. There is a large parking lot and it’s a decent restaurant in a nice location, we can have a Coupe & ****tails pre-dinner as well. If someone would like to propose another location please let me know but this worked well last year. This will be Sat night to accommodate anyone arriving Friday night.

Even if you don’t have your car with you please feel free to join us at dinner and say hello at the C&C.

I will be sending out an email about coordinating plans for arriving at the C&C so we can all park together as well as who is in for dinner Sat night.

Feel free to add names if I miss someone.

KHB

Site Donor
Reaction score
Need advice from someone who's been before...

Thinking of making the drip down from Maryland, but not in the coupe. Definitely want to do the C&C on Saturday. I take it the only way to see the concours cars is to buy a ticket and that event is on Sunday only. Is that correct? Sorry for the stupid question. Thanks.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Concours is Sunday only, ticket required. The C&C is held in the same location so when they clear us out they start loading in for Sunday.

Thinking of making the drip down from Maryland, but not in the coupe. Definitely want to do the C&C on Saturday. I take it the only way to see the concours cars is to buy a ticket and that event is on Sunday only. Is that correct? Sorry for the stupid question. Thanks.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dinner plans are set for Sat night, as well as gathering to drive in to the C&C Sat am, PM me if you'd like to be included on any of them.

Should be a great show, hoping the weather continues to look decent.