"Barn Find" on reddit

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
this guy isn't getting any quality responses. I don't use reddit. Anybody want to point this guy in the right direction? I can't tell where this Chevy dealer is at, no visible license plates, etc. That is a funky coupe, what with the mirrors and the painted wheels.

My guess is a euro '72. Am I close?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/comments/3llckb/please_identify_this_bmw/

YJXImhC.jpg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is a Euro based on the mirror placement even though the mirrors do not seem original. Also the rear fog light. Probably from a sunny dry state because of glass tinted really dark and no visible rust. Spoiler means a tinkerer that added options, steering wheel seems non stock. The car was repainted also.
That is what I see, what I do not see is the barn.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I hate the UI/UX of reddit, so I never got a login. Maybe one of us here will point him in the right direction (aka you probably won't get away with just a repaint...)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car has black and stainless wipers. According to HB Chris, black started in '74. This has the smaller bumpers, so I'm guessing it was painted or replaced. I thought that the wheel might be from a '74, but the wheels and bumper don't jive.

Also, was it the early and/or euro cars that got the mirrors closest to the windscreen? My car is a '71 euro and the mirror is up front like that.

wazza.csi

Reaction score
The Mirrors look like the electric from the E3 Sedan and were optional on the E9, I have a set for my E9!!