Reaction score
TRUE BUT NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND
NOT SO TRUE AS PER THE ROUNDEL ISSUE
THERE WERE CARBURATED CSL'S AT FIRST MAYBE THE BATS BUT ALL
CSL'S

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, I think it's 765 total CSLs of which the first 169 are carb cars. The balance are all injected, including the last 57 Bats.

Reactions: dp

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's right, all injected, so even smaller percentage of carb cars... 13%

restart

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure when all this shakes out we can find out from Kai what he got for the stuff. And he's not a dealer, he's just a BMW guy with too many cars, like lots of us.
Subscribed
I have been tempted to sell e30touring through them. Seen some crazy prices on sketchy goods.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is a bit of a sad story behind this car. I knew it when it was pristine but the owner, who ran an autobody place that Jim Albright would send people to (like me) is great with paint but poor on judgement. He drove the car in the New England winters and trashed it, then stored it outside , uncovered for years. His main employee was the business end guy who sourced all the parts for restoration and bought many for himself. When Phil closed up his shop and sold the car, the other guy was in the hospital. Phil had no idea what the parts were worth or what they were or that some of them were not even his. He sold a lot of parts to Rob Siegal also since Rob looked at the car for Xing. Partner=Janos is a wonderful man, late 70's in age. He emerged from the hospital and found Phil had closed the shop and sold most of the parts for way less than they were purchased for and many that were not even his. Needless to say, the two no longer talk to each other.