Bavaria on Petrolicious

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pretty lean on underhood photos, is that a "petrolicious" standard?
SBCs were not an uncommon conversion even into the 90's, what with the cost then for an M30 rebuild being at least 2 g's and a crate 350 being about 550 bucks...if you could live with a chebbie in your bav you could live with the flexible steering coupling :)
Thanks for posting!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty lean on underhood photos, is that a "petrolicious" standard?
SBCs were not an uncommon conversion even into the 90's, what with the cost then for an M30 rebuild being at least 2 g's and a crate 350 being about 550 bucks...if you could live with a chebbie in your bav you could live with the flexible steering coupling :)
Thanks for posting!
I met Andrew this weekend who wrote the article and drove the car and he happened to be at a small driving event with Bryant the owner on Sunday. In my opinion, the reason there were not more under hood photos is its really not the prettiest motor. It just does the job it's meant to do. Increase torque and horsepower on the cheap. It was a fun day and I took a drive in Bryant's Bav. It is fast and fun. I think he picked the right Bav to do that to. It's not as loud as you would think and has great pickup, especially in 3rd gear. Of course the second we pulled out there was a CHP behind us. But we soon ditched him and saw it's potential. Overall a relatively fun build, that gives results. It was well executed...... it's just a car to have fun in. Nothing more and nothing less (In my opinion after talking to him about it).

Super cool guys and looking forward to seeing them both again at the next drive. This was a first of it's kind end of the month meet for a company called Standard H. It's just a small t-shirt co. but most of all it's about getting some like minded guys together regarless of car make and have fun on a drive. The routes will be changing every month I guess. Here is a little plug for http://standard-h.com/. Wesley is the guy who put is on and Standard-H is his website. Maybe he will be getting an events calendar on the site (unless I missed it). Anyhow, great article good times.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It was just an up and over Ortega to Elsinore and impromptu run back to the shop. I think Wesley just Googled a park in Elsinore and realized it was more of a boat ramp/campground so everyone split off and a few came back to shop. Found out about it from Bryant last minute through his buddy at Standard H. It was the inaugural run.

Ended up being a great group of guys and cars. Like a super mini-Targa showing. From new Ferrari's, Targa vet Camaro, Awesome back dated 78' Porsche Martini Racing car, Corvette Z-06, much newer BMW M-cars etc..... my Bavaria was smallest horsepower by far. With the traffic it kept up just fine :). Traffic sucked on a Sunday but the company later was what made it fun. New friends and that kind of thing. As far as the drive goes, you didn't miss much. Another motorcycle rider bit the dust bad, not sure if he made it by the looks of the bike. But, seems every drive now on Ortega is an ambulance on one side of the crest or the other.