Bavaria

coupelady

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yes it is not a CS but the Bavaria has our delicious motor. Have an acquaintance looking. Just thought I'd ask this forum if anyone knows of one that is nice for sale.

Amy

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I knew of one that needed love...now on it's way to St. Louis Missouri.

Keep an eye out in the Cars section and the Craigslist Finds thread.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that is Stevehose that was looking for a Bavaria (no big bumpers and an auto) for a friend.

coupelady

Reaction score
I believe a 4 speed would be more in order. I know that can be changed, have the instructions from Carl Nelson.

Having said that, would love to hear more like is it a 3.0, restored?

coupelady

Reaction score
At first thought yes it seems like a lot. But not knowing anything about the car can't say.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 3.3 Li is extra special...

At first thought yes it seems like a lot. But not knowing anything about the car can't say.

3.3li.JPG

Very beautiful 1976b BMW E3 3. 3Li Antrazit Metalic. The top BMW sedan of the 70's. Nice design with 4 electric window lifters, servo steering, electric side mirrors, sunroof and antenna. Paint is very good. No flaws or scratches.
The E3 comes with the 14 "original rims. The car had received a comprehensive technical maintenance These parts are Replaced:.

Shocks (front and rear Bilstein)
Engine compartment emblem
Several serpents in engine compartment
Sunroof: New rubber / gasket.
Etc. Etc. in can send the whole list.

Of course, I help with export. I also have a lot of extra-pictures to send.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that looks gorgeous in anthracite. my dad had a '78 733i in that color ... always liked it. so is this 3.3Li a stick or an auto?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's a nice looking car. Even though it's Euro it would still need to be smogged somehow in CA. Just like 2002's, I wouldn't recommend a 76' for that reason. And here you would have the big bumpers on a US 76'. Double negative whammy. Be patient and hold out for a nice 2800. E3's are still way cheaper than a coupe even for a nice one. You know the coupes well enough to know what to look for in an e3. I find if CA car they don't tend to have as much rust issues as the coupe (generally). Still have to inspect for bubbles etc. good luck. Keep us posted. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Haven't really been looking much lately. Do you want fairly turn key?

jefftepper

Reaction score
Here are two cars on Craigslist on West coast. One manual, one auto. That auto one looks rather nice. Stan, I think, also had someone looking for an auto.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6154982095.html
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/6166549877.html

Here is a Bav in Texas that has been on sale a long time. Someone may know.
https://elpaso.craigslist.org/cto/6181091266.html

Aren't the taillights on the the '74 automatic from a '71 or older E3?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The "faster & lighter part"? I love it....LOL...even in an auto....needs some qualifications yes. But looks like a decent car, other than the usual blah Sahara practically standard Bavaria paint....just needs a little more "yellow/greeen" in there... ha ha