Clean looking '72 Bavaria in Portland on CL

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's a nice looking Bav. It has been resprayed but a nice job (from pics and conversation). Obviously not 10K original Miles, more like 110K. Very obvious in the engine bay. But the interior is still in great shape, it is a four speed and he said the sunroof works great. Asking $15,000 which really doesn't seem bad (taking offers). It is exactly like the one I grew up in and I just wish it was closer. This should be a good deal for someone. You can see that it had AC, compressor might still be on there but if one is going to put AC back in, better to use all the modern replacement parts anyways. I think this would be a great buy for somebody on here. Good luck, I thought somebody was looking to buy a Bav on here but couldn't find that thread. - Edit......Oh, Steve.....have your buddy check this out. Maybe somebody up in Portland can look at it for him...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's my friend looking but he wants an automatic for his dad but I ran this by him anyway. Nice car.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When did eBay change to feedback % to only from the last 12 months? Even as a buyer he got a comment of being difficult. Which means you can cover a bad selling record by buying misc crap for a year.

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
based on lack of info, my guess he's flipping the car. could be a good deal if the PPI and agreed price are OK. I don't know this guy. I've dealt with assholes on ebay, I wouldn't put too much stock into ebay feedback.

I've never liked the idea of listing something on CL and ebay at the same time. kinda shady if you ask me.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I got the impression he was a little shady. He did mention it's his "friends." Wanted and offer, broken English... It would definitely have to be an in person sale. No sight unseen!!!! Buyer definitely beware!

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
I'd suggest a PPI with Munich Motoworks in Portland if anyone out of town is interested. Pay for the inspection and have Joseph fax or email you the report. If the seller doesn't cooperate then walk away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gpdenver

Reaction score
Different contact info on the new ad. My guess is the buyer on ebay for 5600 is flipping it for 9k.....