Coco mats

snj5

Reaction score
Perhaps this is old news, coco mats are a very period alternative to carpet mats. Being a teenager in the 70s I grew up with coco mats in sports cars (remember the MG Mitten ads in R&T?). Received a set today from www.cocomats.com and they seem pretty nice. No affiliation, yada yada. Just a suggestion.

Attachments

• IMAG0444.jpg
    IMAG0444.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 283

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
OK, Now I have to order a pair!

They look great

Does anyone have a good source for fitted front seat covers? I want to maintain the original euro interior.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Bumping this thread because I'm considering buying coco mats from the same source.

Comparing the pictures posted by Steve and Stan I noticed that Steve's seem a lot longer.

Now I'm wondering what I would get when placing an order for E9 mats at this company? Did you guys both order the same set?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've had mine for 5 years, maybe they lengthened the pattern since Stan got his, mine are also the e9 pattern.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They look great

Does anyone have a good source for fitted front seat covers? I want to maintain the original euro interior.

Do you have velour? The material is still available, send an e-mail to Axel Coelln, axco, on this forum for more information.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just purchased the Black/Blue dot Coco Mats for Athena, hope they arrive before we leave for Monterey. Estimate 3-4 weeks.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good product and nice people.
They come to a lot of car shows in the area.
Based in SC and mats are made there.
I have them in my coupe and M5.

Gary

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Phillipe,

When I ordered my mats back in late November '15, they sent me two large sheets of folded paper with the size of their pattern printed on it. They asked me to cut the paper to the pattern I wanted, just to be sure it was a good fit. I did so, then returned the slightly modified cut patterns to them.

When they arrived (as a Christmas present from my wife), they fit perfectly.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the info, maybe I can refer to your patterns when ordering.

Only thing I'm looking for now is somebody who intends to travel to Belgium. They are not cheap mats but if I add import taxes, 21% VAT and $75 for shipping they become really expensive.

So if somebody has plans to visit Belgium or travel to Brussels in the near future please let me know.;)

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Q) How do you turn a CSL into a CS? A) Add a set of CocoMats.

Not my material but it's true, they are heavy!

I still love them and have a set in my coupe.

Attachments

• cscocomats1.JPG
    cscocomats1.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 216

Philippe db

Reaction score

Same here, they are so typical for the late '70 and '80.

Maybe not 100% correct for our E 9's but so much nicer compared to all the modern mats. Will never forget the coco/black pattern I had in my second 1303S VW Beetle.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am considering a set of those new checkerboard design for mine.

EJ333

Reaction score
I went with the Sisal mats instead of the Cocomats from Cocomats.com.
I suggest ordering swatches for a nominal fee ( $1/swatch) which you can return for refund ( I'm too lazy). IMHO, it's important to place the swatches in your car and look at them under different lighting conditions, to see if it suits you.
I went with Sisal because it gave me a smoother uniform look which appealed to me more than the wiry look of Coco. However, if I had chosen a Cocomat, it would have been that classic multi-colored one called Jaspe (Calico) for my Agave. No need for Dynamat after installing these mats. LOL

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i like the look of the sisal too. i have a tendency to take my shoes off on a long drive ... this has made me wonder if these would be comfortable as it can be a little prickly. i would like to hear your thoughts once you have them in your car

as i have gone from a tan to a black interior with scheel mann fabric on the seats i like the look of pure black mats. has anybody tried the wool mats from cocomats?