Coco mats

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
90% of the time I drive the coupe barefoot 8)

i like the look of the sisal too. i have a tendency to take my shoes off on a long drive ... this has made me wonder if these would be comfortable as it can be a little prickly. i would like to hear your thoughts once you have them in your car

as i have gone from a tan to a black interior with scheel mann fabric on the seats i like the look of pure black mats. has anybody tried the wool mats from cocomats?

dbower

Reaction score
Just to chime in: I have a set of these (traditional style). I was slightly disappointed that the driver mat extended up behind the gas pedal linkage, preventing it from going all the way to the floor. I showed it to the Cocomat owner while he was exhibiting at Euro Auto Fest last year. He sent me their current E9 paper pattern and asked me to modify it to correct the problem. I did and he made me a new driver mat at no charge. Good people.

I recently ordered a set for my Z4M.

Don

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
say, how do these cocomats actually attach? I too am considering the Sisal option, in black. Their website says they will attach velcro for BMW front mats and if you want another fitting to ask. Curious what others may have requested. My original front floor mats have those 2 floor snaps at the back.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have three sets of these.
E9, E28 M5, E46 M3.
They are well made and heavy like Steve said so they don't slip around.
The mats are made near Charleston SC.
Like Don said, nice people.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
FWIW, they sent me a paper template to test fit in the 2002, and then I was to trim any excess and send back to ensure "best" fit (to take into account aftermarket seats, transmission tunnel adjustments, etc.) This is just to let you know that you interact with them on the ones custom to your car, not just shipped off of the shelf...unless that has changed in the last couple of years...

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was planning to order coco matts for my CSL and ship to Australia. The green checkerboard ones (I saw a photo of these in Ron Perry's Taiga reso from couple of years back and they looked stunning in that car).

However a couple of comments on this thread mentioned that they are very heavy. So definitely don't want to proceed adding a big lump of weight to my car (just because they look nice). Can anyone give a POV if these matts are in fact unusually heavy?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, they are rubber backed, with nibs so they will not shift around like the old ones from the 70's did, but relative to any rubber-backed carpet mats, not a big deal...Like Mark insinuated, if the weight of mats is a problem, you probably shouldn't have them...or sound insulation or carpet for that matter...I think that once they are in place, you will only be pleased with the look and feel...

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just checked weights of coco mats. Front combined 11-13 lb (6kg) and back combined 8-9 lb (4kg). So about 10kg to instal coco matts. More than I would have expected.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just checked weights of coco mats. Front combined 11-13 lb (6kg) and back combined 8-9 lb (4kg). So about 10kg to instal coco matts. More than I would have expected.

Hmm, I could stand to lose a full set of coco mats in my mid section...

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Received my new Coco mats today. Decided on the Sisal in black. Must say, this is indeed a custom product. After initial order they send a PDF that you can print out, actually, a print shop must do this as the size is, well, life size, or large. But then you get to test fit into your very own car. Important as I found some measurements that could be improved. After amendments, I am happy to say, excellent results. Fit is great, product superb, classic elegance. Heavy mat, will protect original carpet for years to come. Highly recommended!
SAM_3155.JPG SAM_3156.JPG

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score

OLDBENZ

Reaction score
I love the Cocomats. I have a green Chequers in my RHD Tiaga Green CSL in the UK. Poor photo attached. I was sent templates to approve. Very good small company with an excellent product and customer service, in my opinion, well worth the effort (and expense) of having them sent half way around the world. I also used them for a couple of other cars and had some sisal mats made up to serve as indoor mats in my London house where I needed a custom fit. They went through as custom boot mats! Not sure there is really anything to compare.
IMG_0043.jpeg

Simufly

Reaction score
I love the Cocomats. I have a green Chequers in my RHD Tiaga Green CSL in the UK. Poor photo attached. I was sent templates to approve. Very good small company with an excellent product and customer service, in my opinion, well worth the effort (and expense) of having them sent half way around the world. I also used them for a couple of other cars and had some sisal mats made up to serve as indoor mats in my London house where I needed a custom fit. They went through as custom boot mats! Not sure there is really anything to compare.View attachment 27719
As a matter of intrest, what was the shipping cost of a set to the UK?