Coupes at the Cottage

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My wife and I own a small cottage on Loon Pond in Gilmanton NH. The cottage is 800 sq ft but we have a large yard and deck. The drive can accommodate 10 coupes easily.
I have received approve by “the activities director” to host a Coupes at the Cottage event.

A driving event from where you are to the cottage. Once here, barbecue, burgers, beers. The place has (in addition to the bed I will be sleeping in) 2 queen size and a fold out couch. The back yard has ample space for tents.

The date will be July 26 & 27 to coincide with SteveHose. His family take a vacation in VT each summer.
On the 26, the barbecue, croquet tournament, swimming, I have a kayak and a canoe. (bring your own jet ski)

Sunday we can take a scenic drive around lake Winnepesaukee.

What do you think?

Stan

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Stan, unfortunately we had to change our schedule to August 9-16th. I would still like to visit you if possible while I am there, but it looks like I will miss the coupe-a-que. I really appreciate you trying to accomodate me, I'd be there for sure if I could.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Aug 10th is the BMW CCA Concours (con Coors?) at the Larz Anderson Museum in the Boston Area. A lot of us coupe guys will be there!

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very cool, Stan!
I will try to make it - but it will have to be a last-minute decision because of scheduling conflicts. On the other hand, Saratoga is looking like a good possibility.
Hope to catch up with you soon.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not getting an overwhelming response.
Perhaps a change in date? Give more planning time?
Aug 9th then get up early and caravan to the BMW CCA Boston Concours???
Thoughts?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
The friendliest E9'er

Stan, I'd love to come. Have to square the date with SWMBO. Would probably drive the smokey '54 Jag because it's faster than the E9 (3.5l not done on the E9 yet). But I promise to stay at the back so nobody has to breath the fumes. Will let you know soon.

John

m73

Reaction score
A smoking Jag with a mindful driver sounds like what this hobby is all about.....memories and great stories.

MF

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Update:

...the best laid plans...

Some of you may know that I have been trying to downsize, sell the large house and get something smaller. We finally (after 3 years on the market) have sold the house and will be closing Aug 18. As you might imagine, condensing 4200 sq feet into 2100 sq ft is a challenge. I work in Orlando every other week and my "off time" when home in NH has been spend sorting through, packing the good and tossing the detritus of the last 20 years.

I think 2015 will be better for Coupes at the Cottage and this will give more lead time for everyone to consider what would be an optimal weekend.

Thanks!