Craigslist BMW Finds:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
1981 B7 Turbo in Reno.

Car is presently located in Reno Nevada, but I'm from Seattle, and I thought I'd list it here to try and avoid all the "can it be registered in California?" questions. Nevada isn't exactly a hot bed for vintage BMW collecting.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6106277432.html

00P0P_bHf5SrtpSME_600x450.jpg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Was this picture taken the day after Thanksgiving?

I am sure the seats are extra comfy. Probably float too. :p
Gotta say, I love that photo of David Byrne. Actually saw that movie in a THEATRE. Titled "Stop Making Sense" it was unconventional...and ...well isn't that why we are all, um, here? Credits listed" Big suit built by..." Will never forget it. So, apparently, will those I dragged into said theatre with me. But we all enjoyed : Psycho Killer, Burning Down the House, Once in a Lifetime, Life During Wartime. and others. Strange. Nice flashback, thanks. Oh, and you should buy that car!

00X0X_3s5jPos4R2g_1200x900.jpg

Couldn't help myself.:D

iu

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If I had $60k I would make an offer!
The 1600 GT was my second BMW love. The coupe first, then the GT.
If it were the other way around I would be selling the coupe!

Last edited:

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
If I had $60k I would make an offer!
The 1600 GT was my second BMW love. The coupe first, then the GT.
If it were the other way around I would be selling the coupe!

Terry had that car out on the 2002 run earlier this spring though Texas hill country. I rode along with a neighbor in his '76 2002 with the GT following behind. It's quite a nice car, but E9 are bigger, so I'll stick with mine.

Ian

No, that's not the Glas ahead of us, but a 2002 touring.

Terry-Sayther-Drive-3-25_DSC6787.jpg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The touring tii is another nice car. After the coupe and the GT
I don't mention the 507 because it is out of the reach of mortal man

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Electric 1976 BMW model 2002 (100% electric conversion) - $10500 (Seattle)

It's a bit rough, but that's the type of car I'd convert to electric since you have to change the character of the car fairly substantially in the process.
Thirty mile range is a tough sell but that's what lead acid batteries will get you. Change out to lithium batteries and you'll get much better range, at an substantial additional cost.
For a grocery getter, maybe this is enough.

Bwana

Reaction score
That's an e39, like my 540iA Sport. Does seem a little on the low side, these are generally thought to be one of the best years. If I had any sense (yea, right), I'd snap it up. I've got 200,600 miles on mine. :eek:

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am surprised that nobody (maybe Ben T) hasn't grabbed this, reassembled and flipped

I bought a similar project car in AZ last month that is still waiting to be picked up, but mine has a sunroof and recaros up front should anyone want it once I get it out back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Mark,

My buddy Dave bought this car. A lot of new parts were thrown it. I guess the interior is perfect except the dash and it came with a brand new brown dash!!

Fantastic! That is definitely one of the better bmw deals that is one of the better deals I've seen. Did you find it here or did he spot on CL?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought a similar project car in AZ last month that is still waiting to be picked up, but mine has a sunroof and recaros up front should anyone want it once I get it out back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am still on the lookout for a BMW 1600 GT or Glas 1700 GT in parts and restorable.