E3 Resources

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
Is there a definitive parts manual available? Looking for something with exploded drawings, parts lists with parts numbers. I'm a visual learner.

Also, what are your favorite sources for parts? Any decent parts sites out there? West coast, USA? Europe?

I know we're talking rare air here, so my expectations are not sky high. Anything helps, thanks!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Blue factory repair manuals covers e3 and e9. Factory parts books are rare for the e3, I found an early one for my 2800 though. You can always use RealOEM for part numbers but it won't include every part shown in the official parts books.

Parts suppliers: AutohausAZ, RMEuropean, Walloth and Nesch, any BMW dealer that gives you a CCA discount assuming you are a CCA member of course, Mesa Performance in Costa Mesa has some used parts, Double02 salvage in Hayward, Jaymic in the UK has a few pieces common to e9.

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
The Blue factory repair manuals covers e3 and e9. Factory parts books are rare for the e3, I found an early one for my 2800 though. You can always use RealOEM for part numbers but it won't include every part shown in the official parts books.

Parts suppliers: AutohausAZ, RMEuropean, Walloth and Nesch, any BMW dealer that gives you a CCA discount assuming you are a CCA member of course, Mesa Performance in Costa Mesa has some used parts, Double02 salvage in Hayward, Jaymic in the UK has a few pieces common to e9.

Good stuff, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was fortunate to get a new factory blue book from a dealer salesman in exchange for parking my Coupe in their showroom for their new "Grand Opening" of a new location, but that was 1992 ;). Another useful manual is the "BMW 2500, 2800, 3.0, Bavaria shop manual, tune up and maintenance guide" published by Carbooks Inc, sometimes see this offered on Ebay. The E9 Forum resources here has the Autobooks version (same models covered) that you can access as well. Mike