682.5 KB · Views: 211

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
this is a plague ;-(
more over if you consider the photo it is somehow ridiculous
the arrangement of the scene has unclear meaning to me
the lady is obstructing the view of the car, but the car is not subtly placed i.e. you can place part of the car ocupying one corner but not in the middle of the photo and the lady in front obstructing the view, 2 "objects" of interest putting one on top of the other ...:-O

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was supposed to have my car in a photoshoot tomorrow, but the forecast calls for rain/snow. They're not rescheduling so it looks like my friend's 2002 will take its place.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anybody with an oversized spleen can see the meaning of the picture:

"If you are a young good looking lady you can get away with effortlessly transitioning from work to weekend driving a car with no license plates
and underinflated tires into the pedestrian areas of a public place and leave it there unlocked while you daydream about clothing".

That is great, as it is the definition of carefree, which I once was before my spleen grew bigger than my brain.

..the scene has unclear meaning to me..

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Is that what a coupe owner's driveway is supposed to look like? Mine is 2 feet longer than the car and has a rusty Peugeot in it. Maybe I need to move.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that the car is physically there. Look at the shadows... Huge shadow on the left of a tree (supposedly) but no shadow at all from the other tree. Maybe its a 15' stump? I'm thinking not.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that the car is physically there. Look at the shadows... Huge shadow on the left of a tree (supposedly) but no shadow at all from the other tree. Maybe its a 15' stump? I'm thinking not.

I'm sure the shadows were tinkered with in Photoshop. In addition to removing the plate, the badges have been removed, and those unsightly door striker and locks.

Let me use my internet powers to get to the bottom of this.

The model's name is Carolyn Murphy.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/us/en/magazine/rl-qa-carolyn-murphy

The car is really there...

SP17_LaurenRalphLauren_06.jpg
bmw_ralph.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
What's up with that seat lever situation btw? Is this an early seat or a late seat? No lever up top, but a lever on the hinge. Is this a real seat or did the 'artist' remove the seat lever?

Last edited:

Dohn

Reaction score
Lauren is known for his car collection; maybe this is one of his entry level choices...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
They sure made the car look blah. Oh wait, they had too so it wouldn't steal the show! :)