Engine rebuild and engine bay resto thread - 2240284 '72 CS

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
WARNING: GRATUITOUS PHOTOS OF AN ADULT NATURE, PARENTAL DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Tires mounted and balanced with no issues. Here are the gratuitous pics:

View attachment 181914

View attachment 181915

View attachment 181916

View attachment 181917

They ride great - absolutely no road noise, at first I thought something was up with my engine because it’s now much quieter on the road. Likely because my Cinturatos were bald. @rsporsche I haven’t yet driven them long enough or at high speed so I can’t compare to the CN36 yet but they feel very nice. Will update in due course. They are beautiful, striking tires and I am quite pleased with the look.
they look awesome ... if these were available for the 15's i would buy them ... all are 70 profile. CN36 come in 215/60-15 so they will fit on your old wheels. just haven't decided whether i will go with BBS RS - 16 or the OZ Alpina 15's (or likely both)

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Next time try securing the weight with foil tape. Race car trick.
I know the foil tape trick. I have actually painted my tape weights to match the barrel and want them to disappear. The clip-on weights on the inner rim are not seen from the outside. Thanks for the advice.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Chris, look into the CN36 in 215/60-15 - okay 389 gbp each ... expensive but great

Steve, look forward to hearing your thoughts of the XWX vs the CN36
Scott - I'm looking at those right now. The price is pretty hefty. but the look is fantastic.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
agreed ... you might also try pricing them in the USA. but as Steve reports, Longview gets them here quickly. @Stevehose what does Longview charge for shipping?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
agreed ... you might also try pricing them in the USA. but as Steve reports, Longview gets them here quickly. @Stevehose what does Longview charge for shipping?
Free shipping, the ex-VAT price on their website is the delivered price. I paid in Pound Sterling with a credit card that doesn't charge the Visa conversion fee and I saved some cash that way also.

jjs2800cs

Reaction score
I saw the wheels and tires in the flesh yesterday. Simply spectacular and absolutely proper on the car!

Well done neighbor!

jjs2800cs

ScottAndrews

Reaction score
Steve - I just did my rear main seal. Got to both the top bolts (the 17mm and the top 13 mm) using a very long extension along the tunnel. Removed the transmission mounting bracket and lowered the tranny on a jack to get enough tilt on the engine/transmission assembly to get at the top bolts from the rear.

Much easier than accessing the 17mm from above with an open end wrench, which is what I did last time.
I did this on my 635 using two extensions and two universal joints. Stilla PITA, but possible...