Favorite type music and band???

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Putting Tupac Shakur into the R&R hall of fame is shameful. Rap crap is not music!

:D

IMG_0418.JPG

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_0143.1.JPG

I'm into a little of everything except country. My 16 year old daughter shares my love for music and we spend a lot of quality time discussing new and old. She won't stand for any bubble gum and has an amazing ability of finding new artists before they hit it big. She also has a pretty impressive vinyl collection. So she keeps me up to speed on the new stuff. One of the newer bands I like is the Alabama Shakes.

I moved to Seattle out of college right when the grunge thing was starting take off, so I'm still really into those bands. Really any nineties music including old school rap. I love Stevie Ray and I also have every G&R album.

As far as classic Rock and Roll goes, I guess I'm kind of tired of it. I've heard all of the same songs so many times. There is one band that I will never get tired of and that's the Stones. Probably my all time favorite band.

Oh yeah, I hate the Beatles!

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, since there is not much love for my "brothers" with attitude, I am wondering why more Dead-Heads have not come out of the closet?? I, unfortunately can not hear any music in the coupe because the wind noise at 85 MPH is louder than being tied to a speaker tower at an AC/DC concert- however, coming back from Houston the other week with the pungent smell of raw gas being liberally circulated throughout the cabin I was thinking maybe "Goin' down the road feelin' bad" by the dead would be appropriate :)

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
When it comes to Rap, I must say I love the lyrics of Grand Master Flash's Don't push me cause I'm close to the Edge. Quite a powerful performance, especially towards the end of the song. I generally have no listening time for Rap.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, since there is not much love for my "brothers" with attitude, I am wondering why more Dead-Heads have not come out of the closet?? I, unfortunately can not hear any music in the coupe because the wind noise at 85 MPH is louder than being tied to a speaker tower at an AC/DC concert- however, coming back from Houston the other week with the pungent smell of raw gas being liberally circulated throughout the cabin I was thinking maybe "Goin' down the road feelin' bad" by the dead would be appropriate :)
Peter, the Dead are too mellow. I tried it once and got pulled over for driving 40 mph

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, Aussie- I am super impressed!!!!! You are one of the few people I have come across who even knows who Ian Dury is (was). That guy was one "unique" individual and I still listen to "new boots and panties" on occasion. He had an European release in the 80's called "Superman's Big Sister" which was out of control- a Polio-stricken angry punk rocker with a bad attitude and a disdain for anyone who was ahead of him on the charts- I love how much he hated Joan Jet and the Blackhearts because she was always number one and he was 2 or 3.. CHEERS!!! to you!!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
No radio in the coupe, but yes in the 1 series.
Rock; Pavement (the band), Jack White and all his side projects, The Shins, Aimee Mann, U2, pre-88 R.E.M., Neil Young, J. Mascis, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Black Keys, Cake, old Bowie, Foo Fighters, Adele, Lorde, Wilco, Ryan Adams, and more.
Any and all Bluegrass. Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers put on a great show with Edie Brickell here a few years ago.
I am taking my son this weekend to see his favorite band Panic at the Disco this weekend, and I am forcing myself to listen to their body of work, which is so-so. Ripped off elements of New Order, Depeche Mode, Cure, B52s, Smiths, etc, all bands I listened to when I was 15, so I guess I can relate. Bringing ear plugs. I took them to see Coldplay a few years back, which I liked.
Took my daughter to see Taylor Swift maybe five years ago and I have to admit she puts on a good show.
And my nine year old has really gotten into Queen of all things!

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Awa
OK, Aussie- I am super impressed!!!!! You are one of the few people I have come across who even knows who Ian Dury is (was). That guy was one "unique" individual and I still listen to "new boots and panties" on occasion. He had an European release in the 80's called "Superman's Big Sister" which was out of control- a Polio-stricken angry punk rocker with a bad attitude and a disdain for anyone who was ahead of him on the charts- I love how much he hated Joan Jet and the Blackhearts because she was always number one and he was 2 or 3.. CHEERS!!! to you!!

Thanks Peter, yes, Mr Dury was a very interesting individual. Wasn't aware of the Joan Jet thing. We got a lot of exposure to English bands during the '70's and I think Ian's "Hit me with your rhythm stick " might have even been #1 here. That said , my first album purchase was SuziQ which was always played full blast ! Cheers, Simon

Stefan

Reaction score
I find myself often play Thin Lizzy :) Period correct, but nevertheless timeless amazing music.