First Time Showing

gary bellamy

Reaction score
Greetings fellow carbon units,

I have been a forum member for almost 2 years, and am just around to showing my '73 CS: car in registry.

A brief history:
-This coupe is a Toronto survivor, built July '72, shipped to Toronto BMW November '72.
-5 owners (1st + 2nd 7 years, 3rd 24 years, 4th 5 years, and myself 2 years).
-3rd owner invested $15,000 over 24 years in restoration, including new hood + windshield and repaint in original Chamonix enamel 19 years ago. I recently spent $2000 in floor pan and driver's side frame rail. Future plans include 3.5 engine + drivetrain transplant, and a few goodies. As you can see by the pics there are no centre caps on my M6 wheels as I am missing one, and finding a single is difficult up here. If anyone has one, or would care to split up their set (LOL), please contact me.

To veiw photos please visit www.photobucket.com/73chamonix

Hope you enjoy the pics.

GBel '73 Chamonix :twisted:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gary, lovely car, lots of history. White is not my favorite color, but your's I could easily live with.

gary bellamy

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated.

Bye The Bye back in the late 70's and early 80's I owned
2 double deuces a 72 and 76 and 2 528I's a 79 and 80 and
thoroughly enjoyed driving all of them.

GBel

73 chamonix.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks Great Gary, you must be Happy to finally have it back in the driveway! I picked up my 2002 yesterday and drove it home tonight. White Knuckle experience staying out of the way of Transports and Speeding Minivans on the 401. My car needs some sorting. It looks great, but this ain't `1972. Will post some photos in Off Topic tomorrow

jmackro

Reaction score
I find it interesting that the beltline trim has been deleted on your car. I've never seen that done on an e9, but have to admit that it looks OK, especially your white car. It would probably work on any light-colored coupe - I think the trim "sets off" a dark car nicely.

IMG_2968.jpg

gary bellamy

Reaction score
Jay thanks for the comments. The guy who had the car for 24 yrs told me
in our brief conversation that when he bought the car it was not in the greatest condition and the belt trim had several little dings in it. So after resto and paint he loved the clean look and decided not to replace.
I really like the look as well, but I agree with you on dark coupes nice
belt trim would stand out.

Gary