From a Fukushima B2 to something viable

federico

Reaction score
Hi,
You might remember the Alpina B2 project in Spain. A rust bucket that had some history as it had been owned by a Spanish racer who had won a couple of spanish titles and competed in the European championships with 635s and Alfa GTVs. He bought it for rallies in Germany and sent it to Alpina to get it prepared. Its the only Alpina imported in the period to our country. If you take a look at the original state, some thought it irrecuperable (see other threads and last photos of this one).
Well, its getting ready for a complete sand blast and then getting sprayed (no color decided yet). All irrecuperable parts are handmade (save a couple of details sent by Wallothnesch) with thicker galvanized steel, so I hope rigidity has improved, expect door, top and parts that could wrinkle.

I'm going to send the interior (side panels, seats and other trim) to be repaired & restored. I will have the door panels and back panels remade in black leather. The seats are in quite good condition, so only new interior cushioning will be provided. The roof interior will be in alcantara leather (porsche style) in clear Ivory so the interior doesn't look to small and dark. I still have a great number of ideas for the car but I don't now what color we should paint it. Some say it original lime green, others the orange used at the time while others suggest gunmetal grey or silver storm (both bentley colors). I like Astons silver birch…as it would look a bigger car than in dark colors. I intend to sell it (and start another project so by peruvian magician continues to have a job…) so I would very much appreciate your ideas…I'm also adding a couple of photos of another pair of cars being finished (one an outrageously blue beetle- color of the Oporto football club, and a merc that was also a rust bucket). Your help -guys from the forum- has been invaluable!!!! The experience, exciting; By the ways I've located a rust free mustang complete and in perfect condition, absolutely original, in red and for sale (30.000€) if anybody is interested. Works perfectly and has madrid license plates…

Also, a couple of photos of its original state..what a change!

thanks to all
Fred

[URL=http://s745.photobucket.com/user/ffernandez1/media/COOLBEATTLE_zpse1c8b3d1.jpg.html]

Getting ready for paint:
The car has received its first protective cover, and it will receive paste in a couple of days…Chassis is being finalized and will be painted in INKA 022 orange.

Last edited: