Googout

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i love the comment -
the csi that you see on the car, was added at some point in the past, with the upgrade that was done. the body is a 2800 CSA
the upgrade was engine swap to a fuel injection 3.0 csi and a 5 speed upgrade. don't know when it was done, but it is a 3.0 csi engine

of course this might have something to do with it -
car runs and drives, but it will need some attention. it smokes on the start, also the car is been sitting for long time, it will need complete tune up and maybe valve adjustments. may even more than that. please come by to inspect yourself. no warranty and guarantee.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you didn't look closely. not as many strings of exclamation points ... but i did see at least one line with a run of !!!!!
this is a must have for a serious classic car collector!!!!!!

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting to see a d-jet CSI engine as a swap (be nice if the air box is there). But not sure this is value added for a 2800 CS. Might have been done back in the day. If compression should turn out to be bad, have some d-jet parts value if decide to do a B35 swap (say). There are a ton of pictures linked.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
It will sell to a winning bidder with maybe a couple of feedbacks under his belt and mysteriously come up for sale again. I wonder what that all is about?!?!?!?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I actually think Hagertys looks at this clown's auctions as being indicative of the market for our cars. In a perfect world, folks seeking to understand what these cars are worth would ignore this guy completely.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
yup. probably new buyer backs out once they know more about it. shame because it does look like a decent rig; it's just that it's tainted w/the VIN swap.

Not a big deal for say...classic mini coopers, but for most cars, it IS a big deal.