Headlight switch?

corvair kid

Reaction score
Anybody know the part number for the headlight switch? Can't find it on RealOEM...

Maybe the switch isn't the problem. Here's the story: a few weeks ago, while driving with the headlamps on, the high beam switch broke in my hand. The headlights went off entirely (though the parking lights stayed on, fortunately).

I've now installed a replacement dimmer switch from Walloth und Nesch...I can flash and turn the high beams on, but I still have no low beams. Fuses for the low beams are fine.

Could the headlight switch have blown when the old dimmer switch broke? Something else I haven't thought of?

corvair kid

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty tracking down definitive information about relays in these cars. My shop manual, wiring diagrams, etc. all seem to indicate that there's a great deal of variation from year to year and depending on equipment.

I did find the unidentified guy in the attached photo hanging out next to the wisch-wasch intervall relay switch atop the fuse box. It wouldn't come all the way out—it slides out, but there was a bracket mounted to the firewall preventing it from sliding far enough, and I didn't want to mess with too much without knowing what I was getting into. Anybody know what it is?

As best as I can tell (via sticking my phone back next to it and taking blurry, close-up pictures), there's a red wire attached...

Attachments

• IMG_3265.JPG
    IMG_3265.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 145