Her winter home

CRJ Driver

Reaction score
Still get goosebumps when I get home from a 4 day trip and see her in there.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 372

CRJ Driver

Reaction score
More recent pics

My 17 year old daughter moments before I told her that we're getting new Bilsteins and the last set of Carl's springs available for a while...Got a great WTF look for that, plus a "who is Carl?"

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 370
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 350
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 331

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am also putting the Carl spring/bilstein set up on mine. I wish I had a picture of my wife last evening when she opened the oven door to find a painted strut tube curing in there!

Love the Xmas tree pic.

My 17 year old daughter moments before I told her that we're getting new Bilsteins and the last set of Carl's springs available for a while...Got a great WTF look for that, plus a "who is Carl?"

CRJ Driver

Reaction score
We garage dwellers see nothing wrong with that Steve, I did the same with freshly sprayed La Jolla camber plates, she's determined that the oven is ruined. I think it's a ploy. BTW, speaking of La Jolla, they told me no oil in the strut housing like the shop manual states....will blow the Bilsteins out at the bottom. I was minutes away from doing just that when they gently corrected me. FYI...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I figured something was wrong when I put oil in the tube and the insert wouldnt seat in the tube so I poured it all out so there is only a miniscule amount coating the tube - might make it easier when an alien finds my car in AD2111 and wants to put a new one in there.

We garage dwellers see nothing wrong with that Steve, I did the same with freshly sprayed La Jolla camber plates, she's determined that the oven is ruined. I think it's a ploy. BTW, speaking of La Jolla, they told me no oil in the strut housing like the shop manual states....will blow the Bilsteins out at the bottom. I was minutes away from doing just that when they gently corrected me. FYI...

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score

Is that a wire brush in her hand? You have raised a fine child.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am also putting the Carl spring/bilstein set up on mine. I wish I had a picture of my wife last evening when she opened the oven door to find a painted strut tube curing in there!

Love the Xmas tree pic.

I washed MY E36 Forged wheels in the bathtub once, but what you describe would be a death sentence for me.

m_thompson

Reaction score

A dishwasher is great for cleaning pistons and the cylinderhead when you rebuild your engine. I used the oven to dry everything after washing. I also made sure that everything was cleaned up before my wife got home.

61porsche

Reaction score
Steve,

I would've thought that the first clue you're wife noticed was at the driveway from the wafting paint fumes, much less when she hit the door and eyes were watering. That's what exhaust fans are for!

If there's a correlation between her tolerance, holiday gifts, and discretionary coupe spending; it might have a bearing this time of year.

Just a thought though.