Is it just me???

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Whenever I go to the main E9coupe.com page - it kicks me straight to the forum. (www.e9coupe.com/forum)
If I were to want to go to another part of the site from there - I couldn't....

Dunno what is happening. This is happening under both Mozilla and Edge (and at work - through a firewall - but I don't think that should matter).

Anyone else?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It forwards to the main forum page now. The E9 and E3 registries are separate websites with separate logins. The Tech section is now in the the forum. The only pages you can't access from the forum are the old "User submitted" articles from the old newsletter. There's more and better info on the forum now so as I go through them they will be deleted.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Dan - Appreciate the info. But I don't see it...
The links to the tech section -
They are nowhere to be found... not in a visible place (by me) anyway...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan - Appreciate the info. But I don't see it...
The links to the tech section -
They are nowhere to be found... not in a visible place (by me) anyway...
What are you looking for specifically?

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What are you looking for specifically?
What used to be linked from the main page... This forum being just one of those items....
And since I can't even get there - all I know is that the info that was not on the forum is now not available to me (unless I just happen to know of the link you included above).

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The only links that are not part of the forum now are to the E9 and E3 registries. The other links went to the E9 forum, E3 forum and the Tech section, which is now on the forum under Tech Info.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well.... that does not answer what I asked - but I've beaten this horse long enough.

IF this change is ok with the folks here, then that is ok for me - begrudgingly....

As I see it - if I already know what I am looking for - With how things are here now, I may find it.
But if I just am just poking around - and just seeing what is there now - There is nothing that compiles it all in one place. like we had.
Looking around the forum for whatever I can find - seems that "Published Sources" means "Technical Information" or something like that?? - but that situation is not very clear.. Also that current published sources page does not equal the old tech info page.
So - the new format does not provide the same info in an easy to view way as it was previously.

FYI - I support the publication of technical information for complex system configuration and maintenance data to the tune of tens of thousands of pages of detailed engineering data per customer so I am very familiar with content organization and requirements documentation - doing so for 35 years now. So yeah - I take this kind of stuff seriously.... Probably more so than most of everyone else I guess.

Dead horse beaten enough. Thanks for indulging me and my thoughts.

I guess now I will make https://e9coupe.com/tech/ my main landing page to then get to this forum...
As long as that page exists anyway....

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess now I will make https://e9coupe.com/tech/ my main landing page to then get to this forum...
That page is going away. I'm moving the contents into the forum under Tech Info -> Published Sources. I'm also going through the User Contributed info and will be adding some of them to Published Sources. Some will get deleted because there is better info on the forum now.

I will also be moving the Window Stickers, Articles, Literature and the old Newsletter archive to the forum, either moving the info or providing links to the info on another server. My goal is to only have to manage the forum contents. The old "Tech" section were html pages separate from the forum.

You can set your home page to any page you want, but most users start at "New Posts" if they frequent the forum fairly often.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have been using the 'display new posts' feature since before this forum existed.
I know how these systems work - I have been on this forum and countless others since the old bulletin boards of the early 1990's - back when I had to use dial-up.

It is how to reach the archive of the reference/technical/documentary information that used to be on the main page - should you need to find it.
The 'New Posts' search doesn't do anything for finding existing (mostly) unchanging data

Like I said - I don't need to beat a dead horse... But if the horse kicks back with incorrect / immaterial info - I'll get the stick out....

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anybody here want to increase Dan's salary? Don't think it would be hard to do. Maybe if somebody could mail him a nickel?

I'm glad the links that were broken are getting fixed. I expect my pain in finding them will be short-lived. Anything to reduce maintenance time for admins or server costs is okay by me. Unless the new links involve having to watch drone shots of parked cars before I can get to the content. Then I'll be back here lickity-split.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
t is how to reach the archive of the reference/technical/documentary information that used to be on the main page - should you need to find it.

That is EVERY PAGE WE HAVE in the old "Tech" section. Keep those links if you want but the majority of that info will be moved to the forum and eventually those pages will be deleted.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Maybe I can clarify-
when I click on Home on top of page at left in “forums“ window- I get the Home page.………For a 1/4 of a second and then instant revert to forums. No Home

when I click on Home on top of page in “What’s New“ window- I get the Home page for that same 1/4 second and then -wham- back to What’s New.

when I enter e9 coupe.com in my browser I get Home for 1/4 of a second and then wham- it opens as e9 coupes.com/forums/

it never stays on the root page- I cannot access anything on the home page.
No tech - its unavailable.

Always goes to e9 coupes.com/forums/

this is on IPad gen 9

Not on iphone

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm using Opera on an old Macbook Pro (but with newest OS). It doesn't redirect at all - perhaps owing to its ad and pop-up blocking features as well as its (relatively) good cookie blocking.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I put a redirect on purpose. I'll change the domain tomorrow so it doesn't need the redirect, it will go directly to the forum from e9coupe.com.

EDIT: The original index page is back and will stay but the links are updated. Again, any remaining information that was on the original Tech pages will be moved to the forum.