Legends in Carmel

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, 100 degrees in Paso Robles, one lane on 101 in Soledad, terrible traffic leaving LA, glad we finally got here and relax. Traffic on Hwy 1 is also typically very bad. Get to Legends early and split after the awards.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Amazing day at Legends...!!

My 4th time attending and it was better than ever.
This is now a must attend event for our east coast e9'ers.

20 plus coupes: 2000's, 2800's, CS's CSI's, Alpina CSL's among all other German marques.
Fantastic weather. Great seeing you Chris, Kyle, Kurt and Gary, et al..

Congrats Kurt on the 1st place win with your amazing CS.

Hope to see you at Pebble Beach on Sunday.

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chuck,

Great seeing you. I will be easy to find at PB, I will be wearing the blazer and jaunty driving cap. Look for the BMWs!

Chris

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree....I keep checking back as well to see if there are any photos.

Chuck: You must have some photos you can post!!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I only took pictures of one coupe, Ben Millers Alpina B2. It won a prize. All my other pics were of vintage BMWs,etc.
Blumax was there, plus Kurt's, HB chris', Vince's fjord car, and Terry Conners brought a bare shell that is in the middle of resto. Neat to see all those details of the unibody. Why I did not take more coupe photos is a mystery to me! I was very sleep deprived and got to the show near the end due to flight nightmares (cancelled flight, spent night in Atlanta etc). Also hit the SCM seminars and saw all the Gooding cars, and went to the Concours, which was spectacular. First time. Had a row of 507 variants. Some pics of those at sportscardigest.com.
Scott ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376912608.140891.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376912638.237567.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376912681.880304.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376912715.893874.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376912741.151742.jpg

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
See my other post. A few more highlights. That is a Vignale/Michelotti bodied 507 and a White steam car pulling on to the lawn at Pebble at dawn. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376913000.206632.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376913031.774888.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376913060.669657.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376913109.810092.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376913192.674773.jpg

rb1971

Reaction score
Most of my pics didn't come out that well, but here are two taken from the front of the line of 20 or so (?) coupes that were there.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 164

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
These are just cell phone pic's. My camera card failed and I'm getting the photo's recovered. I well post more when i get the card back.
I noticed most car owners are very busy and have towels in hand not a camera

The return of Blumax

This is my show stopper

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The color is "Turkis" - a rather unusual color from 1974-1976.

I have a modified M106 factory turbo charged engine ready to install for the owner Mr. Jon Iverson. We are looking at 300hp and 350 ft-lb torque.

This car has one of the nicest paint jobs I have ever seen- thank Richad Leong in Orange.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pics from Monterey 2013

For those who said where are the photos, here is a link to my Picasaweb photo album from this year's trip to Monterey.

https://picasaweb.google.com/HBChri...authkey=Gv1sRgCNynheiO4pvkhwE&feat=directlink

I didn't get a lot of photos at Legends as I also had to judge but it was nice not having the coupe judged for a change. My son had the NK 2000 in Clean and I made him do all the waxing at home and the final prep at the site. I also finally had time to talk to fellow coupe owners. I think there were 12 judged coupes, all very nice. I saw and/or talked with Terry C, Ron P, Carl N, Kurt D, Shawn H, Barry, Jon, Don L, Chuck M, Vince, Jan, Kara (Bluemax was present), Tom P, Scott, Lonnie S and I apologize if I left anyone out. The usuals were there too, Paul C, Mike P, Mike B, Tom R, Fred L of course.

Also included shots from the track. The CSL crashed on the straight past turn 1 and it was too far away to see.

My first O'fest was great, we had the Concours on Tuesday but I was surprised that things were a bit inconsistent. The CCA team called all the shots but the great volunteers from the Central Cal Chapter who run Legends pulled it off. To my surprise this was the first year Q-tips weren't used but white gloves were. There were many rules but some weren't written down, very strange. (If owners were judged I would have had to bend over and, well, never mind) Their judges, whom we assisted, wanted to start with the best car and award no higher than 8s in each category in case another car turned out to be better. I said no, start with the worst, score it fairly and move on. Mike Burger's e28 deserved nothing but 9s and 10s and got them!

Gary Collins drove up with us and returned with me today at 0 dark 30. Great drive home averaging 75mph down the 101. I also need to thank Any Wong who helped prepare the coupe for O'fest! Mike Pelly's freshly restored Colorado`73 Tii took first in Concours Original and Mike Burger's e28 took first in Concours Modified.

The biggest treat however was getting a chance to finally talk with Gary Beck and to meet Lonnie and Lou Ann Shirk who came all the way from Pennsylvania with their Tii which earned, and deservedly so, 1st in Clean. If it ever makes it's way out west again I would attend, I met so many great people which in the end is what it's all about.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now that's what I'm talkin' about... Thanks for posting Chris. Will have to make it out there sometime. Which is Lonnie's Tii? What is the story with the Golf coupe; is it a CSL?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Didn't get a pic of Lonnie's Tii unfortunately, it's Sahara just like his coupe though. The Alpina CSL is owned and was just restored by Ben Miller, he has had it for 20 years I heard. Some of the hood gaps were quite large and it sits very high but it was very clean and took first at Legends in coupe category.