Lime Rock Vintage festival (CT 9/5-7)

doubledutch

Reaction score
I was wondering who is planning on going to Lime rock this year? I haven't seen any online chatter yet (unless I missed it)
I am planning on taking my coupe up Saturday, hopefully my friend Rich Anzelone will take his too.
Hopefully we will have a solid E9 showing again.

TodB

Reaction score
The usual suspects will be camping between the Uphill and West Bend as we have the last couple of years. Stop by for a beer or 5.

Rumor has it Bfeng will be racing this year...

doubledutch

Reaction score
Will see you guys up there, maybe my friend can make another photo shoot with the coupes lined up like he did 2 years ago.
that would be awesome to see an E9 in the racing lineup.

Doug Dolan

Reaction score
I'm thinking of driving up from DC if the weather cooperates for that weekend. Where are folks (who aren't camping) staying? I'm looking for a room (or a share) for Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday nights.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm staying at the Days Inn in Great Barrington, MA. (413) 429-3049
372 Main Street. Has a Continental breakfast and 20% off for Lime Rock people.

CookeD

Reaction score
Are you guys going up on Saturday morning? Also (...and I haven't taken a car into the infield in the last few years), do you need to buy the $15 ticket to get infield parking?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are you guys going up on Saturday morning? Also (...and I haven't taken a car into the infield in the last few years), do you need to buy the $15 ticket to get infield parking?

Several are camping. Stan, Ski Coach and I are arriving Friday afternoon. I bought the BMW Corral ticket for Saturday, but they are all sold last time I checked a few days ago.

There may be a general infield ticket, you'll have to check.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am in Greenwich for the weekend and am thinking of coming up to say hello to you guys Sun am, is it possible to arrive around 8am, stay for an hour or so and head back? Will you still be there or are leaving today or Sunday morning? Is parking available? Thanks.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just saw the Facebook replies, see you tomorrow :)

I am in Greenwich for the weekend and am thinking of coming up to say hello to you guys Sun am, is it possible to arrive around 8am, stay for an hour or so and head back? Will you still be there or are leaving today or Sunday morning? Is parking available? Thanks.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Went to Lime Rock today for the Concours and Gathering of the Marques event, spectacular day with lots of cars. Only had a couple hours to spend but met Stan, Chris (Ski Coach), Duane, TodB, Michael from NY, Chuck Moss, Mario Langsten and his son, and Andrew Wilson. Also saw Doug Dolan but had met him earlier this year at Amelia. Great to meet some fellow forum members for reals and gentlemen one and all (some more hung over than others from the previous night's camping festivities). Here's a couple pics:

Left to right: the cars of Andrew, Chuck, Doug, Stan, TodB, and Duane:

IMG_2142.JPG

Chris' sweet Glas:

IMG_2144.JPG

Michael's Agave, Tod's Nactblau, Andrew's Fjord, Doug's Tundra stealth fighter with M5 engine:

IMG_2145.JPG

Last edited:

TodB

Reaction score
Definitely a good time had by all. There were at least 10 of us this year with 6 coupes - there were another 3-4 sprinkled around the event as well. We had unbelievable weather all weekend with good racing, food and drink, more drink, and car talk. Everyone behaved more or less.

Stan had a recently restored Lambo Muira on one side and a Ferrari Daytona on the other in his judged group on Sunday so the competition was stiff I'm sure.

It was great that you made it up, Steve, to put faces with names and cars.

Now to start planning for Monterey 2016!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
...turn up the Floyd!

No rain, clear skies, great food, great friends.
I think we left Sam Tomlinson at the track!
Thanks to all who made it possible; Duane, Tod, Tom, Mario, Chris L, Chris A, Chuck, Lawrence.
Thanks also to all who stopped by or stayed for a meal and a drink; Andrew, Doug, Pieter (Double Dutch). Steve.
And great to put a face with a name; EdG, CookD,...and anyone else I may have forgot.

Memorable moments included Duane emerging from his tent Saturday AM to the tune from Men at Work "I come from the land down under" blaring from his Jambox and a Pilsner Urquel in his hand...classic.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lime Rock Pictures

Great event, great food great hospitality and great fun. Camp BMW 2015 was the place to be.

So wonderful that Stevehose stopped by while in the area.
Met several coupe owners and took lots of pics. I really enjoy putting a face and voice with the cars and screen names

Here's a link to all my photos of the Lime Rock Historics weekend with captions. No pics of the parade laps from Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...824.1073741872.1630421908&type=1&l=12fb72c31a