Looking for a set of door panels for a 1974 in beige.

3.0CS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys:

Anyone out there that could have a set of good door panels for sale? If my understanding is correct 1974 uses a different design than the older E9's... with sort of pinpoint or small holes.

Thanks1
Victor

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Victor, you are correct, the '74 has a perforated panel at the top of each of the door / side panels. the remainder of the panel is basically the same, except the older panels had round plastic covers for access to the window motors. be prepared to look for a while, they don't often come up for sale ... especially in great shape. if you are in a hurry, you can buy wood panel blanks from srennoc (a member here). you can either recover them with the vinyl from your existing panels ... or buy vinyl / leather and have an upholsterer make new ones.

you might want to post this in the classified section, with a WTB heading. also i would recommend that you revise your signature to include where you are located

Last edited:

3.0CS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Scott for confirming what I need... and you are right... I will post it in the classified section.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
happy to help ... good luck finding what you need. if you still have the tan perf pieces, you can also combine them with the vinyl from the herringbone panels

3.0CS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, but unfortunately my door panels were completely replaced, so I need the full thing...

Glad to know that I could use the older herringbone panel lower part... though I assume per your prior post that they would have the hole for the window motors.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
they will have the hole, but you can put the plug there like the older cars have. that is until you find the right panels. so i take it that they changed your panels to something non-original. if you get another color ... for instance, there was a gray set for sale a month ago. you can spray it with SEM color coat ... you just have to find the right color. you can also paint the door pulls with SEM

BTW - the e3 door pull is the same piece. so is the early e24 (pre '82 ... the e12 based 6 series). the map pocket is also the same on the early e24 ... but NOT the e3 (i believe it is bigger ... if i've got that wrong somebody please correct me)

3.0CS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you both, Scott and Chris. I learned a lot and know what to look for now.