Malaga `73

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had a good friend, Fred Larimer who is a BMW author and photographer, shoot some photos on Friday between all the rain down here in socal at Huntington State Beach. I needed some shots to submit to the La Jolla Motor Car Classic on April 4th, hope to get in but no word yet.

Attachments

• FKL_2409_2_4.jpg
    FKL_2409_2_4.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 442
  • FKL_2416_2.jpg
    FKL_2416_2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 396
  • FKL_2468_2.jpg
    FKL_2468_2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 408

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
La Jolla Motor Car Classic, 3 April

Well, just found out I was accepted, but.........

the Class is Postwar German Closed Production vehicles.

I think I will be spectator when awards are handed out, those Porsche and Mercedes guys are fanatics when it comes to restoring and showing their vehicles! Thought I might be in German Sports Cars Closed 1966-1985 which would eliminate the Gullwings and Speedsters, LOL. It is a nice 90 minute drive down south though to La Jolla and the setting is spectacular on the bluffs of La Jolla cove. Even if the coupe makes it into the brochure I would be thrilled. Maybe I should offer the judges some fine Belgian Trappist Ale to quench their thirsts? Orval or Westmalle perhaps? (I only recently discovered these fine ales, they are excellent but high in alcohol content!)

:)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Better get busy with the Q-tips!

Well, just found out I was accepted, but.........

the Class is Postwar German Closed Production vehicles.

I think I will be spectator when awards are handed out, those Porsche and Mercedes guys are fanatics when it comes to restoring and showing their vehicles! Thought I might be in German Sports Cars Closed 1966-1985 which would eliminate the Gullwings and Speedsters, LOL. It is a nice 90 minute drive down south though to La Jolla and the setting is spectacular on the bluffs of La Jolla cove. Even if the coupe makes it into the brochure I would be thrilled. Maybe I should offer the judges some fine Belgian Trappist Ale to quench their thirsts? Orval or Westmalle perhaps? (I only recently discovered these fine ales, they are excellent but high in alcohol content!)

:)

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great shots. Like the Alpinas. At a recent import car show I attended, people were all over my coupe, and it is far from perfect. Out of 450 cars in the show, there were 50 Ferraris, but only one e9, and it attracted more attention than any Ferrari (OK, except for the F40). I think you will do a lot better than you think in the show.
Good luck,
Scott

Last edited: