Site Donor
Reaction score
https://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/6212233421.html

00v0v_9WKtB8N81Kl_600x450.jpg

http://e9-driven.com/RegistryView.asp?RID=4766

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lot's of reasonably priced coupes have come up suddenly... of course, the new reasonable is not what it used to be!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
"The car received a chassis restoration and new Polaris"

Wonder how well it was done. Price seems awfully cheap for all that work done if done right.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A lot of coupe for the money... it seems there just isn't the same interest in original early cars compared to the resto-rod and updated ones.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A lot of coupe for the money... it seems there just isn't the same interest in original early cars compared to the resto-rod and updated ones.
I don't know. I think there is more to it than that. There is all kinds of over-spray in the engine bay. Motor was left in and I have a feeling there is a little lipstick on the pig situation going on. Plus it's in Tennessee.......I'll get some flack for that but not sure how big the CS market is out there. Unless advertised on Ebay, may take a while for a buyer. Probably more going on than meets the eye in the pics. I think well preserved, bone stock coupes that are in great shape can still hold a candle to the restomods if original creatures and good bones, CA blueplates that have not been molested and original owners or 2nd owners are still very sought after.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Given that a car that sat for 15 years would require a ton of work (mine only sat for 6 and there was a lot to do), and that the seller appears to have acquired the car for resale, I would expect the seller to have lots of pictures of the work that they could share with a prospective buyer. If I were in the market, I might request these and use them to pinpoint problem areas and evaluate the extent of the work done.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Plus it's in Tennessee.......I'll get some flack for that but not sure how big the CS market is out there. Unless advertised on Ebay, may take a while for a buyer.

I'll give you flak for that because I beleive that you are misinformed. I think that Tennessee (particularly Memphis) has an active young BMW scene. I think that there are plenty of prospective buyers, and the only limitation may be their ability to find enough scratch to buy a $20K+ weekend car. If you haven't noticed, there have been quite a few CS's from Tennessee lately, plus several want ads for one. I'm pretty sure that the OHHH MY POOR BABY ex Mike-B car is in Memphis, motivating lots of young BMW owners to take the plunge.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what you know about the history of this car beside what is listed in the ad?
How extensive of an issue was the rodent issue? What there any wire chewed up? Any other valuable info you folks might know.?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Tony -- if you click on the e9 registry link at the bottom of the first post in this chain, you will find some historical info on the car.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't know. I think there is more to it than that. There is all kinds of over-spray in the engine bay. Motor was left in and I have a feeling there is a little lipstick on the pig situation going on. Plus it's in Tennessee.......I'll get some flack for that but not sure how big the CS market is out there. Unless advertised on Ebay, may take a while for a buyer. Probably more going on than meets the eye in the pics. I think well preserved, bone stock coupes that are in great shape can still hold a candle to the restomods if original creatures and good bones, CA blueplates that have not been molested and original owners or 2nd owners are still very sought after.

I don't disagree that the paint job could be driver-quality, but I don't see a whole lot of overspray:

00X0X_9EMmNtG759A_1200x900.jpg

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think that there are plenty of prospective buyers, and the only limitation may be their ability to find enough scratch to buy a $20K+ weekend car.

Yes, but in a round about way this kind of proves my point. I'm a prospective buyer too, but without the ability to find enough scratch to buy another $20K+ weekend car, then I can't follow through and buy it. I'm in that predicament almost every day with all the nice cars coming to market lately. Reaching out to a bigger audience outside the area will probably get more interest is all I'm saying. But it's still fun to jab a little.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Tony -- if you click on the e9 registry link at the bottom of the first post in this chain, you will find some historical info on the car.
Hello Chris
I looked again. I guess I overlooked the history at the bottom for some reason!! Thanks !

Last edited: