Monterey 2016 - Who will be there and when?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This event will be a unique opportunity to meet many other forum members. It would be nice to know who to look for during that week long event. It will be especially cool to meet some of the members coming from other countries. Since we haven't really come up with a specific way to identify each other (we should at least do name tags!), I thought it would be a good idea to do one central thread simply listing all who will be there. Something we can refer to on site when we seem to recognize a person or a car.
So if you are heading to this year's festivities, could you list:
- Your name
- Where you are coming from
- The dates you will be there
- Specific events you will attend.
- If you bring your car, list the model, color and any recognizable feature so we can spot it easily

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I guess I might as well get the ball rolling...

- Bo Struye
- Coming from Los Angeles
- Will be there Friday night and Saturday
- My son and I will try to sneak in the BMWCCA dinner Friday night to hear the Alpina founder and see some of the cars he is bringing. On Saturday we will be mostly at the track but possibly try and take a quick peak as they set up for the concourse on Sunday.
- Not bringing my car.

cskid

Reaction score
- Jono de leeuw
- coming over from New Zealand
- will be there for the entire monterey car week
- will be attending quite a few events, notably legends of the autobahn, Meecum & gooding & co auctions, laguna seca Saturday and the concours show sunday.
- I'm staying with some family friends in monterey so most likely one of their cars (they've got a few )

Will be heading up to San Francisco after for a few days before flying home.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Arrive Thursday, staying in Pacific Grove, attending LOTA, track Saturday, some of the auctions, NOT buying anything...NOT buying anything... NOT buying anything...whew, that does not get any easier.. looking forward to connecting with forum members. Mike

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
- Andrew Wilson
- Brunswick Maine
- August 17-22
- Legends the 19th, Laguna Seca the 20th, Pebble Beach 21, BMWV&CCCA Tour the 22nd
- BMW 3.0CSi Maine license plate ATHENA. Fjord with Italian turn signals, CSL air dam and fog lights.

Germancarday_03_1200.jpg

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Brendan
Coming from SF Peninsula
I'll be at Legends on Friday, and Laguna Seca on Sat and Sun.
Sahara 2800CS with CA plate OMGRUST

Yano

Reaction score
Glenn Ishida and Wife (Penny)
Foster City, CA
Legends on Friday and Laguna Seca on Sat
Amazon Green 3.0 CS
Plate: E9BMW

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott Crater
My e9 is in pieces at the moment
Will arrive sometime Thursday and depart late Sunday night.
Coming with a friend who is judging at PB. My wife's interest in vintage cars is nil. Even in Carmel. Staying at Asilomar Conf Center in PG. Never stayed there before, but they had a room and it was cheap.
Coming from Sanibel Florida.
Will have my rental car plus my buddy's 928 that he will show at the Porsche thing same day as Legends.
Will go Legends, maybe the Porsche thing same day, track Saturday, PB Concours Sunday. Maybe Concorso Italiano to check out the Alfas and Lancias.
Can we get track tickets just for one day?
Any way to know when the e9s will be on the track? Got to see two or three at Sebring and they sound awesome and were duking it out with the Dekon Monzas.
Anyone know exactly what BMWs will be on display at the Concours on Sunday?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott,

You ask too many questions! Expect 20-24 BMWs at Pebble as there are two classes for the featured marque year, usually only one. Get a single track ticket through Laguna Seca. Join us Thur eve in Pacific Grove, just around the corner from Asilomar. Over forty coupes at Legends and at track Sat.

Chris

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll be at the track Friday only. Is there anything planned Friday night? Beverages somewhere? I'll be with a small family group but would like to meet some of you...

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
-- Chris Ohmes
-- Vienna, VA (suburban Washington, DC)
-- August 15 - 22
-- Carmel Concourse, Legends, Monterey Historics, Pebble Beach Concourse d'Elegance
-- Annabelle is a 1972 3.0 CS. Painted pearl white, tan interior, wearing a set of 15" Weds. You can't miss her.

20160716_135248.jpg

TodB

Reaction score
- Your name - Tod Bryant
- Where you are coming from - Canton, MA
- The dates you will be there - 8/14-21 (driving up from the south, arriving on 8/15)
- Specific events you will attend - Legends, PB concours, still figuring out the rest
- If you bring your car, list the model, color and any recognizable feature so we can spot it easily - looks just like my Avatar pic except it has a front bumper now. Look for the blue coupe BBS wheels with the gold centers

We're staying at a house in Salinas. Looking forward to putting faces with names.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
- Your name - Stan Chamallas
- Where you are coming from - Newmarket NH
- The dates you will be there - 8/18 - 8/21
- Specific events you will attend - Legends, PB concours, Festorics
- If you bring your car, list the model, color and any recognizable feature so we can spot it easily - Sadly, the Great White will be staying home so I will be in either Wayne's, Doug's or Chris O's car

We're staying at a house in Carmel. Looking forward to seeing old friends!!

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
- Frank Greppo
- Glenville, NY
- August 17-22
- Legends the 19th, Festorics the 20th, Pebble Beach 21, BMWV&CCCA Tour the 22nd
- 1975 BMW 2002 - Red with chrome luggage rack

bcoli

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sue & Bill Colisch
Grants Pass, OR
18th - 21st, camping in Chaparral CG, site 34, about 900 feet from Legends
Legends, Festorics, Dawn Patrol at PB & ???
Our 2800CS is currently in the shop (new M30B35, 5-speed, LSD, upgraded brakes, interior...), hope to have it ready for TSD rallies next spring/summer

dascoupeguy

Reaction score
Wayne and Kathy Wundram. Driving from Visalia, CA, Wednesday August 17. Will attend Automobilia at the Embassy Suites on Wednesday, doing the Thursday set-up for LOTA at Nicklaus Club Monterey (I am one of the event organizers)
Will be going crazy with LOTA on Friday, banquet Friday night, Festorics at Laguna Seca on Saturday, auctions Saturday night, Pebble Beach Concours on Sunday, Gooding Auction Sunday night, sleep in on Monday, attend first day or two of Oktoberfest and O'fest Concours. Yikes... then its over... will have separation anxiety... until next year. aarrrggghhhh.!

shanon

Reaction score
- Shanon and Zackery Essex (son)
- NorCal
- Tues 16th- Monday 22nd
- Legends & Laguna and general mischief