travisstoneham

Reaction score
Hi,

I thought I'd introduce myself and my car.

I am located in the Riverland South Australia. I have recently purchased an Australian delivered RHD 1974 E3 3.0 Si. Its a manual and factory colour is Turkis Metallic (065) interior is a cream/light brown vinyl not sure of exact colour. The car is in pretty good shape, original but in need of restoration. some rust but not too bad. I wasn't intending to by an E3 but an old work college wanted to sell. it was his fathers and had been in the family since the mid 80's. It has not been used much for the past 10 years after his father died and hasn't run for six years. he knew I was into classic BMW's and was happy to see it go to a good home.

I also currently own a euro bumper E24 635 csi in diamant-schwarz-metallic which I love but I must say since owning this E3 I have really fallen in love with this car ( my kids prefer it over my 635 even though it's not in the same condition of the sixer, my seven year old daughter said it because of the colour) I can't wait to start working on it. I was very excited to find this group as I am amazed at how hard it is to find information on them, their just not that common are they. this group look like an amazing wealth of knowledge which will be invaluable going forward.

the plan is to restore it mostly to original spec but with period correct mods like wheels, steering wheel etc that can be un bolted and return to original which I will keep in storage.

anyway here are a few pictures

PS would love to know how many E3 are still around in Australia.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 124

bavaria

Reaction score
Welcome Travis! This is a great group of people with a lot of knowledge of these cars. The e3 really is an awesome car and is very under represented in the BMW world. I wish you the best and much success and enjoyment as an e3 owner. That is a beautiful color on that car!

travisstoneham

Reaction score
Thanks guys, don't let looks fool you Dick, shes a pretty solid car but there is plenty to be done. My initial thoughts were to be sensible and just put a bit of elbow grease into her and make the best of whats there but I pretty sure my personality traits will make sure this become a full restoration in due course.