NMNA red leather e12 seats in portland

restart

Reaction score
IMG_5434.JPG

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/6053761849.html

Bit off topic but thought I remembered that these may fit coupes or bavs. This guy had them in his Alfa

Just seemed to be a decent buy for someone if only to use while yours get reupholstered.:) Some people might like those cat head shaped headrests.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
remember, if you put them in your coupe, they don't have a forward tilt to get to the back seat. probably great in a bavaria

FjordTempo

Reaction score
My '76 3.0 Si (E3) has a red interior, but it's been partially recovered in vinyl, so I've got half leather / half vinyl, which bugs the crap out of me. I don't recognize the lower front seat stitch design since mine were recovered. I thought the stitches ran front to back like in the e9s?
Can anyone confirm if theses fit in the E3? The seller seems to think they were in an e12. The back seats sure look familiar.

Thanks for chiming in if anyone knows.

Matt

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it would probably be close ... kind of like putting a 320i rear seat into a 2002. it might take a little bit of work / expense, but it can probably be done. i had a 32oi sport interior put into a 2002 - including the rear seat. a good upholsterer can do a lot ... but the little things might be problematic ... the e3 was kind of in between the size of the e12 and the e23 7 series

restart

Reaction score
Fjordtempo, I love that handle. So funny.

Don't quote me but I thought I heard they will interchange. E12 and E28 swap so there is an extra research reference. I had "considered" a swap for a car long gone but wasn't prepared to lose the shiny trim detail from the bav.

I am going to hope those seats are close enough for your u to drive there, they are as good as they look and you can engage the seller enough to talk about them. Then you could 'pre-loosen' or remove your passenger seat and pop over for the details. Try and get the brackets he has as well. And post the definitive conclusion and guide here, over in the bav dept of course;-)

I am glad no one went over in their coupe and grabbed them on my mention. Then realized the dog and kids had to climb over the seat to get in the back. I would have had to give the guy my red coupe seats to save face. Thank you mister Porsche!

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
E12 and E28 seat brackets are noticeably different. To use an e28 base in an E12 platform, adapters have to be used as the holes are of different spacing.

restart

Reaction score
Bert, any info on e12 to bav. I am not sure what sliders the referenced seats have.But if they don't work fjordtempo would have to use his bav sliders anyway?

E12 and E28 seat brackets are noticeably different. To use an e28 base in an E12 platform, adapters have to be used as the holes are of different spacing.