Noob Q: is the "T" in the left multi-gauge (Fuel, Temp, etc.) supposed to come on?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
When you turn the key to the ON position? Mine doesn't come on at all.

I looked underneath (where the fuses and hood release is), and I see this wire (red, doesn't look OEM) dangling from this gauge set from the backside.

I think everything else works, except the "T". Is that the Alternator light? Attached is not mine; just for illustration purposes.

fuel-gauge-front-side.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
If it helps, here are the wire colors on the back side. A bit dirty but no red wires:

IMG_0578.JPG

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No that's the low fuel tank light, only the oil (orange) and alternator (red) lights at the top of the gauge come on when the key is on, Unless you're low on gas. The bottom lights are the tank and high beam lights.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Boy, do I feel stupid. Of course, german letters don't help.

I'm pretty low on fuel; guess my low fuel light doesn't work.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, the T threw me for a loop as well. With the rust I had inside the fuel tank, the fuel level sensor would stick at half a tank. The first time that T light came on, I didn't know what the heck it was. I actually pulled over and stopped and checked the manual.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The T light is also illuminated when the choke is pulled on my 2000CS as a reminder, " hey dummy, push the choke in after its warmed up"

Love this car...

Ed

Bwana

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Boy, do I feel stupid. Of course, german letters don't help.

I'm pretty low on fuel; guess my low fuel light doesn't work.

I'd take a couple of gallons in the trunk and test it out. I thought the same at first but discovered mine comes on really low on the gauge.