NW BMW Centennial at LeMay

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We had a great turnout for the Northwest group - even with the rain - 13 coupes. Some of us met early for a backroads run down to the museum.

The show was held on the front lawn of the LeMay Auto Museum in Tacoma.

Some pics:

Attachments

• Start1.jpg
    Start1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Start2.jpg
    Start2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 145
  • FrontEnds.jpg
    FrontEnds.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Tails.jpg
    Tails.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 151

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The show grounds and a collection of the colors represented (except I missed the Turkis coupe because it left early).

Attachments

• TheShow.jpg
    TheShow.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 156
  • CoupeColors.jpg
    CoupeColors.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 151

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
NW BMW 100th Celebration

Great pix Sven. I was there, spoke to a few Coupists, but had to drive my E39 Touring to this event due to last moment discovery of pinhole leak in E9 radiator.:sad: Not good to drive a few hours wondering how significant that may turn out to be! Fine turnout of BMWs. Typical PNW weekend day, however. Awesome display inside LeMay too, and cake served right on time at 1:00pm
Nice souvenir hat, Bonus!
Mike

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Count correction

I forgot to include the two CSL's inside the museum on display as part of the show. So 15 total.

Mike - sorry to have missed you.

corvair kid

Reaction score
How long is the exhibit?

Anybody know how long the exhibit will be on display at the museum? No info readily available on their website - even in their press release. I'll be passing through in mid-July and would love to see it if it's still there...

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One from inside

The lighting inside the museum is amazing. It makes the cars look almost liquid-like to my eye.

I thought I heard someone say the exhibit is going to run through 2016 but I'll try to verify. There is a thread over at 2002faq with a photobucket link. Having trouble pasting it here.

Attachments

• imageproxy.php.jpg
    imageproxy.php.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was really bummed that I couldn't make it. It was a tough sell but the event occurred during my kiddo's nap time. On the plus side, I conquered two yard projects that were getting in the way of my coupe deconstruction. I really wanted to check out Inka, Taiga, and Turkis coupes in the flesh. I've seen most of those other beautiful machines in person, with exception to Luigi. It doesn't look like any Inka or Taiga coupes made it on Sunday. Is the Turkis coupe from BC?